Re: [tracker2] LCD View

  • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
      It sounds to me like you want a ham hud connected to the OT2.  www.hamhud.net
      Wes
      ---
      It may be necessary temporarily to accept a lesser evil, but one must never label a necessary evil as good.

      On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 8:50 AM, touf_toufik <f0dei@...> wrote:

      Hi to all,

      I'am interested by setup a Digipeater on my location.

      I want to purchase a tracker like OT2 or Tinitrack4 view display.

      I prefer OT2 tracker, but the addon display on TT4 is very nice to
      control raw data on the air directly.

      It's possible in futur developement of OT2 to add a display screen to
      see APRS packet ?

      Happy new year and good DX's
      Toufik, F0DEI

    • k4nnw
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Wes Johnston, AI4PX" <wes@...> wrote:

        > It sounds to me like you want a ham hud connected to the OT2.
        > www.hamhud.net
        > Wes

        Yeah... what he said. That's the setup I have running at the house, albeit without digipeating.
        When I get back home this weekend, I'll mess around with that and see how it behaves, but I
        don't see where that would be any problem. With the HamHUD, you gain ability to compose
        and send messages, as well as scroll through previous stations received (up to 40, methinks).
        I don't remember if the TT4's display will show this, but the HamHUD will display how far
        away the station is and in what direction. It'll also show mobile station speed and heading,
        weather station temp, and wind info, as well as status messages.
        73, and let us know what you ultimately do and how it works out for you,
        Kenny
        K4NNW
      • touf_toufik
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 3, 2009
          Kenny,

          TT4 display the last received packet only, TT4 display show altitude,
          heading etc..
          When available in future firmware update it will be possible to send
          message via PS/2 keyboard directly from TT4 without computer.

          I see HamHud II on there web site but at this time it's not available.

          OT2 must also have there own display to control APRS/Weather/message
          data without computer of course.

          I hope in futur this addon will be available.

          Toufik,
          F0DEI