Re: [tracker2] Re: LCD View

    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
      I've seen that one, and some other variants. It's more expensive than
      the other one, and still needs a housing.

      Still, it might be worth checking out at least as an option to let
      people build their own setups. One nice thing about that display is
      that the characters are 'gapless', so you can use custom characters to
      effectively make a small region of the screen a bitmap display. A
      compass rose indicating direction to a station would be a good example.
      You can see in the picture that they've done that with their logo.

      Scott

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
        Which is great if you're mounting it in a PC case. Not so good for a
        dashboard.

        Scott

        touf_toufik wrote:

        > and here you find the panel :
        > http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/635bracket/index.html
        > <http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/635bracket/index.html>

        > "touf_toufik" <f0dei@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Scott,
        > >
        > > I post two photos of TT4 display with APRS DATA, in file section
        > > (n_a.jpg and DSC_0012.jpg)
        > >

        > > What do you think about this display :
        > > http://www.crystalfontz.com/product/CFA635-TMF-KL.html
        > <http://www.crystalfontz.com/product/CFA635-TMF-KL.html>
        > >
        > > I know it's not easy, I am not electronic Engenering but in the group
        > > i think a lot of members can help you.
        > >
        > > Toufik, F0DEI

        > Scott Miller <scott@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > The LCD code doesn't take a ton of space, but yeah, it does
        > complicate
        > > > some things a little. Formatting the data for display will probably
        > > > take the most space.
        > > >
        > > > I really want something with a nice housing and integrated buttons
        > > > that'll look nice on a car dash or equipment rack.
        > > >
        > > > Scott

        > LCD?
        > storing
        > > available
        > > output

        > > format
        > > PicAxe
        > > 8$ over
        > whole 4$

        > > <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>,

        > > display.

        > > nice to

        > > screen to

        > monitor

        > mode,

        > > connect a

        > > plug into
        > > serial port.
        > > modules
        > <http://www.siliconcraft.net/products.htm#SC2004>
        > <http://www.siliconcraft.net/products.htm#SC2004>>

        > > see data
        > without

      • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
          It sounds to me like you want a ham hud connected to the OT2.  www.hamhud.net
          Wes
          ---
          It may be necessary temporarily to accept a lesser evil, but one must never label a necessary evil as good.

          On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 8:50 AM, touf_toufik <f0dei@...> wrote:

          Hi to all,

          I'am interested by setup a Digipeater on my location.

          I want to purchase a tracker like OT2 or Tinitrack4 view display.

          I prefer OT2 tracker, but the addon display on TT4 is very nice to
          control raw data on the air directly.

          It's possible in futur developement of OT2 to add a display screen to
          see APRS packet ?

          Happy new year and good DX's
          Toufik, F0DEI

        • k4nnw
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
            --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Wes Johnston, AI4PX" <wes@...> wrote:

            > It sounds to me like you want a ham hud connected to the OT2.
            > www.hamhud.net
            > Wes

            Yeah... what he said. That's the setup I have running at the house, albeit without digipeating.
            When I get back home this weekend, I'll mess around with that and see how it behaves, but I
            don't see where that would be any problem. With the HamHUD, you gain ability to compose
            and send messages, as well as scroll through previous stations received (up to 40, methinks).
            I don't remember if the TT4's display will show this, but the HamHUD will display how far
            away the station is and in what direction. It'll also show mobile station speed and heading,
            weather station temp, and wind info, as well as status messages.
            73, and let us know what you ultimately do and how it works out for you,
            Kenny
            K4NNW
          • touf_toufik
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 3, 2009
              Kenny,

              TT4 display the last received packet only, TT4 display show altitude,
              heading etc..
              When available in future firmware update it will be possible to send
              message via PS/2 keyboard directly from TT4 without computer.

              I see HamHud II on there web site but at this time it's not available.

              OT2 must also have there own display to control APRS/Weather/message
              data without computer of course.

              I hope in futur this addon will be available.

              Toufik,
              F0DEI