Re: LCD View

  • touf_toufik
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
      and here you find the panel :
      http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/635bracket/index.html

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "touf_toufik" <f0dei@...> wrote:

      > Scott,
      >
      > I post two photos of TT4 display with APRS DATA, in file section
      > (n_a.jpg and DSC_0012.jpg)
      >

      > What do you think about this display :
      > http://www.crystalfontz.com/product/CFA635-TMF-KL.html
      >
      > I know it's not easy, I am not electronic Engenering but in the group
      > i think a lot of members can help you.
      >
      > Toufik, F0DEI

      > > The LCD code doesn't take a ton of space, but yeah, it does
      complicate
      > > some things a little. Formatting the data for display will probably
      > > take the most space.
      > >
      > > I really want something with a nice housing and integrated buttons
      > > that'll look nice on a car dash or equipment rack.
      > >
      > > Scott
      > >
      > > Patrick wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Was there not a fork in the OT1 firmware which would output to a
      LCD?

      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
        I've seen that one, and some other variants. It's more expensive than
        the other one, and still needs a housing.

        Still, it might be worth checking out at least as an option to let
        people build their own setups. One nice thing about that display is
        that the characters are 'gapless', so you can use custom characters to
        effectively make a small region of the screen a bitmap display. A
        compass rose indicating direction to a station would be a good example.
        You can see in the picture that they've done that with their logo.

        Scott

        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
          Which is great if you're mounting it in a PC case. Not so good for a
          dashboard.

          Scott

          touf_toufik wrote:

          > and here you find the panel :
          > http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/635bracket/index.html
          > <http://www.crystalfontz.com/products/635bracket/index.html>

          > "touf_toufik" <f0dei@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Scott,
          > >
          > > I post two photos of TT4 display with APRS DATA, in file section
          > > (n_a.jpg and DSC_0012.jpg)
          > >

          > > What do you think about this display :
          > > http://www.crystalfontz.com/product/CFA635-TMF-KL.html
          > <http://www.crystalfontz.com/product/CFA635-TMF-KL.html>
          > >
          > > I know it's not easy, I am not electronic Engenering but in the group
          > > i think a lot of members can help you.
          > >
          > > Toufik, F0DEI

          > Scott Miller <scott@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > The LCD code doesn't take a ton of space, but yeah, it does
          > complicate
          > > > some things a little. Formatting the data for display will probably
          > > > take the most space.
          > > >
          > > > I really want something with a nice housing and integrated buttons
          > > > that'll look nice on a car dash or equipment rack.
          > > >
          > > > Scott

          > LCD?
          > storing
          > > available
          > > output

          > > format
          > > PicAxe
          > > 8$ over
          > whole 4$

          > > <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>,

          > > display.

          > > nice to

          > > screen to

          > monitor

          > mode,

          > > connect a

          > > plug into
          > > serial port.
          > > modules
          > <http://www.siliconcraft.net/products.htm#SC2004>
          > <http://www.siliconcraft.net/products.htm#SC2004>>

          > > see data
          > without

        • Wes Johnston, AI4PX
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 1, 2009
            It sounds to me like you want a ham hud connected to the OT2.  www.hamhud.net
            Wes
            ---
            It may be necessary temporarily to accept a lesser evil, but one must never label a necessary evil as good.

            On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 8:50 AM, touf_toufik <f0dei@...> wrote:

            Hi to all,

            I'am interested by setup a Digipeater on my location.

            I want to purchase a tracker like OT2 or Tinitrack4 view display.

            I prefer OT2 tracker, but the addon display on TT4 is very nice to
            control raw data on the air directly.

            It's possible in futur developement of OT2 to add a display screen to
            see APRS packet ?

            Happy new year and good DX's
            Toufik, F0DEI

          • k4nnw
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 2, 2009
              --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Wes Johnston, AI4PX" <wes@...> wrote:

              > It sounds to me like you want a ham hud connected to the OT2.
              > www.hamhud.net
              > Wes

              Yeah... what he said. That's the setup I have running at the house, albeit without digipeating.
              When I get back home this weekend, I'll mess around with that and see how it behaves, but I
              don't see where that would be any problem. With the HamHUD, you gain ability to compose
              and send messages, as well as scroll through previous stations received (up to 40, methinks).
              I don't remember if the TT4's display will show this, but the HamHUD will display how far
              away the station is and in what direction. It'll also show mobile station speed and heading,
              weather station temp, and wind info, as well as status messages.
              73, and let us know what you ultimately do and how it works out for you,
              Kenny
              K4NNW
            • touf_toufik
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 3, 2009
                Kenny,

                TT4 display the last received packet only, TT4 display show altitude,
                heading etc..
                When available in future firmware update it will be possible to send
                message via PS/2 keyboard directly from TT4 without computer.

                I see HamHud II on there web site but at this time it's not available.

                OT2 must also have there own display to control APRS/Weather/message
                data without computer of course.

                I hope in futur this addon will be available.

                Toufik,
                F0DEI