Re: OT2 keeps trying to send message forever

  • ke7kus
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 26, 2008
      Bernard,

      > Is this a bug or a feature? Is there another parameter to
      > avoid this going in loop?

      See the thread that starts here:

      I experienced the same issues with a T2-135 in an Alinco DR-135 radio,
      but the underlying cause is the same.

      Short summary:

      The problem you are experiencing is a known issue related to a
      shortcoming in the Garmin FMS interface. It is common in areas where
      packet collision is high and the ACK's get stepped on. Unless the
      ACK's get through, the only way to stop the problem is to manually
      delete the outgoing message from the Outbox.

      I live in a high traffic density area (Phoenix, AZ) with numerous
      (very) high WIDE digis in the area and this seems to be a perpetual
      issue. The problem seemed to decrease when I bumped up the power out
      on the radio; however, that only attempts to correct send-related
      collisions. I still have issues with messaging during high traffic
      times (rush-hour drive times).

      Hope this helps.

      Kurt
      KE7KUS