Re: [tracker2] Tracker2 and Xastir in KISS mode - no TX

  • Curt, WE7U
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 2, 2008
      On Tue, 2 Dec 2008, jeremygeeo wrote:

      > The problem: At startup Xastir RX as expected; but when it goes to TX
      > the packet never gets sent by the radio and then the unit no longer
      > functions in RX. The unit seems to effectively "lock up" at that
      > point, requiring a power-cycle to recover.

      What interface do you have configured in Xastir?

      If you've set up AX.25 kernel networking configured/working then you
      should use "AX25 TNC" in Xastir. This is the more complicated
      setup. In this case the "listen" command when run as root should
      see packets and the "beacon" command should cause a transmit. In
      other words you can test out the receive w/o Xastir. This setup
      allows you to share the TNC across many applications.

      If you only want to connect Xastir to the TNC (won't be sharing the
      TNC with other apps) and don't have an AX.25 kernel networking port
      configured then use the "Serial KISS TNC" interface instead. In
      this case DO NOT enable the "Init KISS-mode on startup" button as
      that's for a specific TNC used in Europe only.

      I'm using the "Serial KISS TNC" setup currently with a TNC-X at
      home, but have used the "AX25 TNC" configuration before as well.

      --
      Curt, WE7U. archer at eskimo dot com
      http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 31, 2009