Tracker2 and Xastir in KISS mode - no TX

  • jeremygeeo
    Message 1 of 32 , Dec 2, 2008
      I've been using the Tracker2 paired with a Garmin nuvi 350 for a few
      months now and have found it to be an excellent setup. Now I'd like to
      configure the Tracker2 to also work with Xastir via KISS. Reading
      through some posts I've noted that this seems to be working and
      functional for a number of users; but alas, I'm unable to obtain a
      fully-functional setup.

      The problem: At startup Xastir RX as expected; but when it goes to TX
      the packet never gets sent by the radio and then the unit no longer
      functions in RX. The unit seems to effectively "lock up" at that
      point, requiring a power-cycle to recover.

      The setup:
      * Tracker2 - firmware is current from website
      * Yaesu FT-8800
      * Dual-port serial adapter
      port A Laptop - USB Serial Dongle
      port B Garmin nuvi 350
      * Xastir 1.9.5 from October 1, 2008 (on Linux)

      I've tried various baud rates and multiple serial cables with no
      change whatsoever. I'm putting the Tracker2 into KISS mode by running
      AMODE KISS on a console and then exiting and starting up Xastir.

      Anybody with a functional setup share how they've got it configured
      both in the Tracker2 and Xastir or otherwise offer any suggestions or
      tips ?? It would be greatly appreciated.

      - Jeremy KD0EAV
    • Stephan mn tellaroli
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 31, 2009
        Hei