Davis Vantage Pro support

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
      Just a quick update on Vantage Pro weather station support... thanks
      again to Mike Wren for the loaner unit I've been using for testing!

      I've got it working fully with the Tracker2, at least for the usual
      weather parameters - there's no built-in gust reporting, and I don't
      have a solar sensor to test with. It turned out to be fairly simple,
      aside from some quirks that would have been hard to figure out without a
      unit to test with. Most of the units happen to match what the T2 uses
      internally, so the whole parser is under 400 bytes of code. Some extra
      overhead is added by the new AMODE/BMODE DAVIS option, but not much.
      OTWINCFG will be updated to match.

      I can make it work with the OpenTracker+, but it requires an RS-232
      level shifter. I built one with an ST202 and one of my DB9 project
      boxes, but the OT1+/ST202/RJ11 stack is a little unwieldy. If there's
      enough interest, I can make the parser available for the OT1+, but it
      might be more trouble than it's worth.

      Scott
    • Mike Wren
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
        Fantastic news, Scott! Were you able to get things talking with or
        without the data logger?