Re: [tracker2] Re: Configuration settings

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 1, 2008
      Dennis,

      Yes, you can hear the data packet on another radio, but can a Digi and
      eventually an IGate hear the packet? Where are you located and what
      Digi/IGate are you expecting to gate the packet for you?

      UI-View may have been inserting your packets directly into APRS-IS
      (which is the bridge from you to aprs.fi), but to get there from the
      T2-135, an IGate somewhere down the line needs to hear you, decode the
      packet, and insert it into APRS-IS.

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ

      PS. What callsign did you use with UI-View? That (assuming it was
      recent enough) will tell us where you are.

      Dennis wrote:

      > Thanks. But I have all that. I have re-installed the firmware a dozen
      > times and then started all over with the configuration program and the
      > terminal to make settings.
      > My problem is that I have yet to find a set of settings that will work
      > to get me to show up on APRS.FI.
      > I had it working as a home station, with pre-set coordinates, when I
      > used the Alinco card and UI-View32.
      > I just never could get it to work as a stand alone.
      > That's why I bought this T2-135 card.
      > I have been unable to get this thing to show up at all.
      > It beacons as programmed and I can hear the data packet when listening
      > to another radio.
      > It's just that APRS.fi does not SEE me.
      > I do not know what setting is wrong.
      > The book seems to be little help in locating the problem.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Dennis
      >
      > _____
      >
      > From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>

    • Dennis
      Message 2 of 15 , Dec 1, 2008

        Message 3 of 15 , Dec 1, 2008

          OK. I have changed the TXdelay to 200 and changed the Bbaud to AUTO. That fixed it. Thanks to everyone who helped. It is sometimes the simple things that get ignored and cause the problems. Check APRS.fi and track K5GBT-9 to see what it is doing. But ignore the reference to UIveiw32 as it is running as a stand alone unit at present.

          Thanks again,

          Dennis

          Message 4 of 15 , Dec 1, 2008
            On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Dennis <k5gbt@...> wrote:

            > OK. I have changed the TXdelay to 200 and changed the Bbaud to AUTO. That
            > fixed it. Thanks to everyone who helped. It is sometimes the simple things
            > that get ignored and cause the problems. Check APRS.fi and track K5GBT-9 to
            > see what it is doing.

            Good to know you have it working... not that I really want to pee in
            your cornflakes, but that local digipeater on Magazine Mountain is
            going to be a pain in your backside.

            It's an old KPC-3 v8.2, and is still set up with the old
            RELAY/WIDE/TRACE settings. This means that if you are using WIDE1-1 as
            your first hop, you're only going to get a single hop, as the v8.2
            firmware doesn't mark the used path properly.

            I also found other digis in your area that are still on the old
            settings, and an aircraft using WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2 as an outgoing path.

            Just be aware that the local APRS network is not going to respond
            properly to your packets. At least not the way that most people are
            going to tell you it should.