Proto C Rx adjust

  • Chris Kantarjiev
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 23, 2008
      I've got a Proto C unit that's been working pretty well at CDRVLY.
      I recently switched radios to one that has a lower idle current
      draw, and now I'm not reliably receiving any packets! I can
      hear packets, and see the green LED flicker, but nothing
      comes out the other end.

      What's my next move? Is it time to fiddle the Rx pot? Both of
      these radios have home-brew fixed audio output, so I can easily
      imagine that the levels are different.

      73 de chris K6DBG
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2008
        Don't forget to try the EQ jumper. The Proto C doesn't have an op amp,
        so it can't handle as low a signal level as the production model. If
        you bypass the EQ filter, you'll also bypass the loss in the passive filter.

        Scott