Re: [tracker2] FMI stuff

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2008
      That was the original idea. Code space has turned out to be the main
      limitation now, though.

      Scott

      J. Lance Cotton wrote:

      > On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 9:42 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...
      > <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>> wrote:
      > > The pads are there, yes. That might be enough temporary storage IF the
      > > file format isn't too complicated. There's probably not enough code
      > > space, though - it'd require dropping other features.
      >
      > Semi-related question: Would it be possible to solder on the FRAM
      > there and use it as additional buffer space for KISS-mode and/or
      > digipeating so that the OT2 might be an excellent choice for
      > connected-mode operation?
      >
      > > Scott
      > >
      > > Jason KG4WSV wrote:
      > >>

      > >> On Thu, Nov 6, 2008 at 11:18 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...
      > <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>

      > >> any way to populate that SOIC-8 pad with a ferro-whatsit type storage
      > >> IC whose name and manufacturer escapes me at the moment, or did that
      > >> make it into production T2s?
      > >>
      > >> -Jason
      > >> kg4wsv

      > J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
      > joe@... <mailto:joe%40lightningflash.net>
      > http://kj5o.lightningflash.net <http://kj5o.lightningflash.net>
      > Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3.
      > Eat the cookies.

    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 14, 2008
        Scott N1VG wrote...

        > So Garmin has finally gotten around to releasing FMI v2, at least for
        > some of their products. As promised, this version has an official
        > mechanism for creating POIs. Which is totally unusable. OK, maybe it's
        > not entirely hopeless, but it's not looking good...

        Just curious... does this mean that the models other than the Nuvi 350
        will work any better (or worse) with the T2 / T2-135? TIA!

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 14, 2008
          FMI v2 is only going to be implemented on the newer models. Doesn't
          look like the POI management is going to be of any use, but maybe the
          canned message responses can be used for menu configuration options...

          Scott

          Keith VE7GDH wrote:

          > Scott N1VG wrote...
          >
          > > So Garmin has finally gotten around to releasing FMI v2, at least for
          > > some of their products. As promised, this version has an official
          > > mechanism for creating POIs. Which is totally unusable. OK, maybe it's
          > > not entirely hopeless, but it's not looking good...
          >
          > Just curious... does this mean that the models other than the Nuvi 350
          > will work any better (or worse) with the T2 / T2-135? TIA!
          >
          > 73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 14, 2008
            Scott N1VG wrote...

            > FMI v2 is only going to be implemented on the newer models. Doesn't
            > look like the POI management is going to be of any use, but maybe the
            > canned message responses can be used for menu configuration options...

            Thanks for the update. I was just wondering if the models other than the
            350 would be better behaved for uploading waypoints from the T2.

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH