NUVI and T2-135

  • Rod Bartlett
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2008
      My hat is off to Paul - EI5GTB. I followed his guide for connecting my
      Garmin Nuvi 660 to my Alinco DR-135 with the T2-135 board and it worked
      great. http://paulsnet.org/nuviv1.pdf

      I do have the moving waypoint issue on this model of the Nuvi.

      My question is; How can I stop it from plotting my own location? Most
      of the waypoints I am seeing are for myself. If I could block my
      callsign from plotting, that would clean up my waypoints tremendously.

      Scott, great product.

      Thanks

      Rod - N8QVR
    • Keri Morgret
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2008
        I'm just curious if anyone has messed around with the Dash Express
        GPS http://www.dash.net/. It has GPRS, WiFI, and GPS. It does have a
        developer guide for the dynamic search API too
        http://www.dash.net/documents/dashapps_api_doc.pdf?071008 (pdf
        format). I have one at the moment, and was wondering if anyone had
        done any experimentation. The next time Scott gets up my way, I'll be
        sure to let him take a look at it. About two days ago, Dash said they
        were discontinuing the hardware and licensing their application and
        service to other manufacturers..so I wonder if there will be any
        deals coming soon. Right now, it's about $300.

        Keri
        N6TME