Other GPS's?

  • mpechner
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
      Other than the Garmin Nuvi 350, which is a discontinued product,
      anyone using a GPS is at least right now is in production?

      I'd love to use one with a 4inch screen.

      If so, can you post your notes on getting it top work?
    • ve7pke1
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
        --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "mpechner" <mikey@...> wrote:

        It may be discontinued but available like new as a refurbished unit.
        I just recently purchased a second unit.
        There are several place you can get them.

        I agree a bigger display would be nice but from what I understand the
        other units don't plot POI's correctly.
        I am very happy with my 350 and a T2. It works really nice and the
        messaging is cool.
        Dave
        VE7PKE

        > Other than the Garmin Nuvi 350, which is a discontinued product,
        > anyone using a GPS is at least right now is in production?
        >
        > I'd love to use one with a 4inch screen.
        >
        > If so, can you post your notes on getting it top work?

      • Mike Fenske
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
          Hi Dave,

          I have been thinking of a NUVI 350. Did you buy it locally or order it online? Just wondering who has them around here.

          73,

          Mike
          VE7MKF

          ve7pke1 wrote:
          > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "mpechner" <mikey@...> wrote:
          > It may be discontinued but available like new as a refurbished unit.
          > I just recently purchased a second unit.
          > There are several place you can get them.
          >
          > I agree a bigger display would be nice but from what I understand the
          > other units don't plot POI's correctly.
          > I am very happy with my 350 and a T2. It works really nice and the
          > messaging is cool.
          > Dave
          > VE7PKE
          >

          >> Other than the Garmin Nuvi 350, which is a discontinued product,
          >> anyone using a GPS is at least right now is in production?
          >>
          >> I'd love to use one with a 4inch screen.
          >>
          >> If so, can you post your notes on getting it top work?

        • Keith VE7GDH
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 31, 2008
            Mike VE7MKF wrote...

            > I have been thinking of a NUVI 350. Did you buy it locally or order it
            > online? Just wondering who has them around here.

            GPS Central doesn't seem to have them on the following page
            http://www.gpscentral.ca/products.htm#garmin but a search finds
            http://www.gpscentral.ca/products/garmin/nuvi.htm which indicates they
            have refurbished" units in stock.

            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH