Power Switch

  • Jon
    Message 1 of 9 , May 15, 2006
      Hi,

      I just upgraded to the latest firmware and I'll leave
      it running to act as a digi. Also, I was wondering if
      the Power Switch is working yet, I just tried it and
      it didn't seem to.

      Regards
      John
      EI7IG

    • Jon
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 5, 2006
        Apologies for the previous blank email..

        Just back from a club meeting,

        The power switch is cool, very cool.. now I need
        something to switch on with it :)

        My voltage reading seems low, measuring R6 and R7.. R7
        Seems low in value, though being in circuit, i'm not
        sure how that would affect the readings.

        Callsign of this one is EI7IG-14.

        Cheers
        John

        All New Yahoo! Mail – Tired of Vi@gr@! come-ons? Let our SpamGuard protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
      • Jon
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 5, 2006
          It doesn't seem to operate remotely (neither does digi
          on/off). I've added EI7IG (and N1VG) to the authlist,
          I'm wondering if it should be EI7IG-7 (which won't
          add).

          I couldnt' find the email with the command summary so
          I looked in the files section, it probably should be
          in there.. also I couldn't download "Tracker2.txt"
          either.

          I'm off for zzz's... talk tomorrow.

        • scott@opentrac.org
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 6, 2006
            The voltage reading is limited in accuracy by the voltage regulator, since
            it provides the 5 volt reference. How far off is the reading?

            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 6, 2006
              Its saying 10.2 Volts

              21 Centigrade..

              EI7IG-14 (on findu, telemetry is on)

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

              http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/ELTolB/TM

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 6, 2006
                I've updated the .bin file on the website, so non-Windows downloads should
                be up to date now. You don't have the option of keeping your configuration
                data - the XMODEM firmware update is all-or-nothing. But you CAN make your
                own .bin load now - hook up a T2, set it up how you want it, then
                right-click on the title bar and select 'export firmware to .bin'. Of
                course, you still need a Windows box for that step...

                Scott

              • Jon
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 8, 2006
                  --- scott@... wrote:

                  > I've updated the .bin file on the website, so
                  > non-Windows downloads should
                  > be up to date now. You don't have the option of
                  > keeping your configuration
                  > data - the XMODEM firmware update is all-or-nothing.
                  Ok, I re-checked this.. It DOESN'T work with the mac
                  (NAK errors) and my USB serial adaptor, but it works
                  fine with hyperterm on a machine with a 'real' serial
                  port. I'll try minicom later.

                  > But you CAN make your
                  > own .bin load now - hook up a T2, set it up how you
                  > want it, then
                  > right-click on the title bar and select 'export
                  > firmware to .bin'. Of
                  > course, you still need a Windows box for that
                  > step...

                  Hmmm, In otwincfg I only get "Move", "Close" and
                  "About otwincfg".. then again. I am stupid :)

                  Cheers
                  de John
                  EI7IG

                • scott@opentrac.org
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 8, 2006
                    > Ok, I re-checked this.. It DOESN'T work with the mac
                    > (NAK errors) and my USB serial adaptor, but it works
                    > fine with hyperterm on a machine with a 'real' serial
                    > port. I'll try minicom later.

                    Interesting. Does it show that it sent any bytes at all? I had to use a
                    serial protocol analyzer to figure out what was going on when mine didn't
                    work initially. Turned out my XMODEM documentation was wrong.

                    > Hmmm, In otwincfg I only get "Move", "Close" and
                    > "About otwincfg".. then again. I am stupid :)

                    Did you get the latest version? I just downloaded it to be sure and it
                    shows up for me. Only when it's connected to a T2, though.

                    Scott
                  • Jon
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 9, 2006

                      > Interesting. Does it show that it sent any bytes at
                      > all? I had to use a
                      > serial protocol analyzer to figure out what was
                      > going on when mine didn't
                      > work initially. Turned out my XMODEM documentation
                      > was wrong.
                      It sends something, cause the OT2 doesn't work
                      afterwards.. the bootloader is all thats running I
                      guess

                      > > Hmmm, In otwincfg I only get "Move", "Close" and
                      > > "About otwincfg".. then again. I am stupid :)
                      >
                      > Did you get the latest version? I just downloaded
                      > it to be sure and it
                      Cleared the cache on the machine and tried again...
                      now I see it..

                      Cheers
                      de John
                      EI7IG