Re: [tracker2] Stupid question?

  • Kirk Mefford
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 8, 2008
      correct
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Bjornung" <bjjen13b@...>
      To: <tracker2@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 3:21 AM
      Subject: [tracker2] Stupid question?

      > Hi all
      >
      > I have had my OT2 for a couple of months now and finally seems to get
      > time to play with it. I plan to use the cables I used on my TT3
      > (cables bought from Byonics) because I understand they are compatible
      > with the OT2.
      >
      > Now - the cable to be used from the OT2 to the radio also has a power
      > cable which I used to power the TT3 with. On the OT2 there is also a
      > separate power-inn connection at the rear.
      >
      > I tried to read the manual and get the impression that it does not
      > matter which one of these I use to power the OT2?
      >
      > Is this correct?
      >
      > Best regards
      > Bjornung Jensen
      > LA9ULA

    • Rudolf Benner
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 8, 2008

        I believe you are looking at X1 pin 7, not X2 pin 7

        http://rudybenner.com/utility/Power_Supply.jpg

      • mark.rice@L-3com.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 8, 2008
          I was looking at an old schematic that I had downloaded last year.

          It is indeed now labeled on the current schematic as X1.   It's referred to in the OT2m manual as the "RADIO Connector", if that helps, too.

          Thanks for the noted correction... and I've deleted that old schematic file.

          - Mark Rice
          KK5MR

          I believe you are looking at X1 pin 7, not X2 pin 7

          http://rudybenner.com/utility/Power_Supply.jpg

          --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, mark.rice@... wrote:

          > Hi Bjornung,
          >
          > No, it's not really a stupid question at all.
          >
          > Yes, either one can power the OT2m. I've used the rear DC connector
          > mostly, but for other implementations, I've used the "data" cable (DB9
          > connector).
          >
          > The OT2m schematic (in the lower left corner) shows the two
          > connector-power arrangement. The X5 is the rear DC power connector.
          > The X2 is the DB9 "data" cable connector (indicating that the + voltage
          > comes in on pin 7 of the X2 connector and grounded on pin 6 of the X2
          > connector).
          >
          > Hope that helps.
          >
          > - Mark Rice
          > KK5MR

        • Rudolf Benner
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 8, 2008
            The OP wanted to power his T2 using an old cable from Byronics,
            specificly the radio cable. This should work. One less cable. Neat
            and tidy.

            Still PATIENTLY awaiting my new shiny DR-135 so I can install the T2-
            135 in it.

          • Bjornung
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 9, 2008
              Hi

              Thanks a lot to all who answered!

              Now I can connect with a bit more confidence ;-)

              Regards
              Bjornung
              LA9ULA