Re: [tracker2] Re: OTWINCFG.EXE help file?

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 8, 2008
      Randall N0UYX wrote...

      > I have in mine ALIAS = WIDE1 HOPS = 1 and WIDE2 HOPS = 1.
      > Which allows it to DIGI WIDE1-1 and WIDE2-2 only.

      I've been waiting for another user or Scott to confirm that this works
      or otherwise comment on it. I've offered my opinion on the subject a
      number of times in the past that it should be e.g....

      ALIAS 1 WIDE (and not WIDE1, WIDE2 etc.)
      HOPLIMIT 1 2 (to allow up to WIDE2-2)
      DIGIID 1 ON (so it inserts its callsign in the digi'd packet)
      USEALIAS 1 ON (so it is enabled)

      to allow it to respond to WIDE2-2, WIDE2-1 and WIDE1-1. I would have
      experimented with it myself, but I'm really short on time right now.

      Also, what is the callsign-ssid of this digi?

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH