Re: OTWINCFG.EXE help file?

  • Rudolf Benner
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2008
      Can someone generate a default configuration file please. I do not
      have the radio yet so cannot do this. My eamil address is good,
      either posting to the files section and/or cc to me would be much
      appreciated.

      According to the FAQ, this can be done by saving the current config,
      then reloading the firmware, then saving the config again to a new
      file, hopefully something like default_config.cfg

      It could be WEEKS before I get my new toy, I am NOT patient.

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Rudolf Benner" <benner@...> wrote:

      > Is there a typo in the second sentence of the second paragraph?
      >
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "n0uyx" <n0uyx@> wrote:
      > >
      > > In the DIGI section you have ALIAS = WIDE HOPS = 2.
      > > To me that is WIDE with a limiting factor of 2 hops and isn't a
      > > WIDEn-n am I correct?
      > >
      > > I have in mine ALIAS = WIDE1 HOPS = 1 and WIDE2 HOPS = 1. Which
      > > allows it to DIGI WIDE1-1 and WIDE2-2 only. Plus where I live
      there
      > > are no other reliable active DIGI's so there is no need to DIGI
      > WIDE2-
      > > 2 more than 1 hop. Which is all I want it to DIGI of course too.
      So
      > > wouldn't a WIDEn-n example in the WIKI be a better example?
      Because
      > > to me the DIGI section isn't very user or WIDEn-n friendly to me.
      > > me doing away with the HOP column and adding enough room for
      WIDEn-
      > > in the ALIAS makes more sense to me but I am sure there is a
      reason
      > > for the two columns. I am just not sure why yet. Plus to me it
      > seems
      > > strange I am the first I suppose to notice this so it makes me
      > wonder
      > > if I am way out in left field again for some reason. =]
      > >
      > > But my T2 seems to like the settings and it gives us a W1, W2
      DIGI.
      > > So I am happy.
      > >
      > > What do you think?
      > >
      > > DE NØUYX
      > > Randall
      > >
      > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "usna71" <bill.brown.tu78@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Rudy:
      > > > I have started a wiki for help for otwincfg and it is a work
      in
      > > > process. It is located at
      > > > http://info.aprs.net/index.php?title=Otwincfg.exe and you can
      also
      > > > find a link to it on the links section of the tracker2 Yahoo
      > Group.
      > > > Let me know what areas are lacking and I'll try to work on
      them.
      > > > Maybe some others who know more can also help out on the wiki
      > > manual.
      > > > I figure it is better to document our knowledge in the manual
      > > rather
      > > > than answer questions in this group. We will see if my theory
      is
      > > right.
      > > >
      > > > Bill KB1MOV
      > > >
      > > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Rudolf Benner" <benner@>

    • Keith VE7GDH
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 8, 2008
        Randall N0UYX wrote...

        > I have in mine ALIAS = WIDE1 HOPS = 1 and WIDE2 HOPS = 1.
        > Which allows it to DIGI WIDE1-1 and WIDE2-2 only.

        I've been waiting for another user or Scott to confirm that this works
        or otherwise comment on it. I've offered my opinion on the subject a
        number of times in the past that it should be e.g....

        ALIAS 1 WIDE (and not WIDE1, WIDE2 etc.)
        HOPLIMIT 1 2 (to allow up to WIDE2-2)
        DIGIID 1 ON (so it inserts its callsign in the digi'd packet)
        USEALIAS 1 ON (so it is enabled)

        to allow it to respond to WIDE2-2, WIDE2-1 and WIDE1-1. I would have
        experimented with it myself, but I'm really short on time right now.

        Also, what is the callsign-ssid of this digi?

        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH