Re: OTWINCFG.EXE help file?

  • Rudolf Benner
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 7, 2008
      Is there a typo in the second sentence of the second paragraph?

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "n0uyx" <n0uyx@...> wrote:

      > In the DIGI section you have ALIAS = WIDE HOPS = 2.
      > To me that is WIDE with a limiting factor of 2 hops and isn't a
      > WIDEn-n am I correct?
      >
      > I have in mine ALIAS = WIDE1 HOPS = 1 and WIDE2 HOPS = 1. Which
      > allows it to DIGI WIDE1-1 and WIDE2-2 only. Plus where I live there
      > are no other reliable active DIGI's so there is no need to DIGI
      WIDE2-
      > 2 more than 1 hop. Which is all I want it to DIGI of course too. So
      > wouldn't a WIDEn-n example in the WIKI be a better example? Because
      > to me the DIGI section isn't very user or WIDEn-n friendly to me.
      > me doing away with the HOP column and adding enough room for WIDEn-
      > in the ALIAS makes more sense to me but I am sure there is a reason
      > for the two columns. I am just not sure why yet. Plus to me it
      seems
      > strange I am the first I suppose to notice this so it makes me
      wonder
      > if I am way out in left field again for some reason. =]
      >
      > But my T2 seems to like the settings and it gives us a W1, W2 DIGI.
      > So I am happy.
      >
      > What do you think?
      >
      > DE NØUYX
      > Randall
      >
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "usna71" <bill.brown.tu78@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Rudy:
      > > I have started a wiki for help for otwincfg and it is a work in
      > > process. It is located at
      > > http://info.aprs.net/index.php?title=Otwincfg.exe and you can also
      > > find a link to it on the links section of the tracker2 Yahoo
      Group.
      > > Let me know what areas are lacking and I'll try to work on them.
      > > Maybe some others who know more can also help out on the wiki
      > manual.
      > > I figure it is better to document our knowledge in the manual
      > rather
      > > than answer questions in this group. We will see if my theory is
      > right.
      > >
      > > Bill KB1MOV
      > >
      > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Rudolf Benner" <benner@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Is there a help file for OTWINCFG.EXE
      > > >
      > > > I do not have the radio yet. Using the VK4RRC cfg file for
      > > > experimentation. Lots of features of OTWINCFG unclear.
      > > >
      > > > Rudy VE3BDR

    • Rudolf Benner
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 7, 2008
        Can someone generate a default configuration file please. I do not
        have the radio yet so cannot do this. My eamil address is good,
        either posting to the files section and/or cc to me would be much
        appreciated.

        According to the FAQ, this can be done by saving the current config,
        then reloading the firmware, then saving the config again to a new
        file, hopefully something like default_config.cfg

        It could be WEEKS before I get my new toy, I am NOT patient.

      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 8, 2008
          Randall N0UYX wrote...

          > I have in mine ALIAS = WIDE1 HOPS = 1 and WIDE2 HOPS = 1.
          > Which allows it to DIGI WIDE1-1 and WIDE2-2 only.

          I've been waiting for another user or Scott to confirm that this works
          or otherwise comment on it. I've offered my opinion on the subject a
          number of times in the past that it should be e.g....

          ALIAS 1 WIDE (and not WIDE1, WIDE2 etc.)
          HOPLIMIT 1 2 (to allow up to WIDE2-2)
          DIGIID 1 ON (so it inserts its callsign in the digi'd packet)
          USEALIAS 1 ON (so it is enabled)

          to allow it to respond to WIDE2-2, WIDE2-1 and WIDE1-1. I would have
          experimented with it myself, but I'm really short on time right now.

          Also, what is the callsign-ssid of this digi?

          73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH