Re: Garmin Nuvi 760 success and some more questions.

  • ve7mdt
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 29, 2008
      Looks like only partial success. Read the newer updates from Robert.
      I'll hold on before any decisions for now. I think the 7xx series
      should all behave the same as it is the same design, may be except the
      newer 7x5 series.

      David

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Yono Adisoemarta
      <yono_adisoemarta@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > Thanks again to all for the help, nice to have this kind of
      > support
      > available!
      >
      > 73,
      > Bob - KA9FLX
      >
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
      > <tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "Randy Love"
      > <rlove31@> wrote:
      >
      > Also, and I tripped on this a couple of times, the Nuvi MUST be
      > in its
      > cradle and receiving power from it with the serial
      > accessory cable
      > plugged
      > into the side. If you have the cable in the side, but not
      > in the
      > cradle and
      > hooked up to power, the Nuvi will not go into FMI mode.
      >
      > You may have to play with it some too. The first time I got
      > my Nuvi
      > 360 into
      > FMI, I have to reboot the T2 and the Nuvi about 3 or 4 times.
      > Preferred
      > order is that you start the T2, then the Nuvi, so that the
      > T2 can
      > sense the
      > Nuvi and send it the switch over instructions.
      >
      > And, yes, be sure you have the latest firmware in the T2.
      > Version
      > prior to
      > April 08 ( IIRC ) do NOT have FMI support.
      >
      > GL and 73,
      > Randy
      > WF5X
      >

      > On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 11:44 AM, Brent Gay <brentgay@> wrote:
      >
      > Save your config to a file and then use the config program to
      > download
      > the latest firmware. Restore your config and try it then.
      > That
      > should
      > do it.
      >
      > Brent
      >

      > On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Robert
      > <rshprd57@<rshprd57%40yahoo.com>>
      > wrote:
      > Ok, after a couple of months of having my attention
      > directed
      > elsewhere, I finally got around to connecting the Nuvi
      > 760 to my
      > tracker 2.
      >
      > The good news, I get GPS data from the Nuvi 760.
      >
      > The bad news, despite the Nuvi 760 being listed by
      > Garmin as
      > supporting the Fleet Management interface, it does not
      > enable when
      > connected to the Tracker.
      >
      > I am using Garmin on Port A, but nothing.
      >
      > I thought that messaging would at least work, the concern
      > was that
      > the icons of other APRS users would not work properly.
      > However, as
      > noted the Fleet Management mode does not even enable.
      >
      > Am I doing something wrong here? Again, the Nuvi 760 is
      > suppose to
      > support Fleet Management.
      >
      > My Tracker has firmware build 54479, which I assume is

    • Robert P
      Message 35 of 35 , Nov 28, 2011
        Thanks for all of the responses so far. I'm still hoping to get the 760 to work with it and if I can't by the end of the week I'll pick up a 350.

        The worst part is that I got rid of a 350 a couple of years ago, pre-ham days, to get the 760!

        Robert
        K4IDK