Any problems with win2k?

  • Curt, WE7U
    Message 1 of 5 , May 12, 2006
      I'm configuring a dual-boot laptop with Win2k and Linux. This is a
      temporary laptop that I probably can't keep, so I'm trying to learn
      the minimum amount I must just to get it going.

      So far the Linux/Xastir side is fine. Serial port works, soundmodem
      works, etc.

      The Win2k side however isn't able to successfully configure a T2.
      Is there some problem with serial ports on Win2k or on a Dell
      Latitude CPxJ that anyone knows about? It appears to be running the
      latest "A16" bios. Same problem with a USB-Serial adapter.

      I used the exact same "laplink" cable to configure the T2 on a Dell
      desktop here.

      Is it that the serial port voltages from the laptop aren't adequate
      for configuring a T2?

      I'd like to be able to configure OT1's, OT2's, and TinyTrak's on
      this laptop. So far no go.

    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 5 , May 12, 2006
        Nope, 2k should work fine. Laptops are sometimes troublesome. It doesn't
        work with a TT3 either?

        Scott

      • Curt, WE7U
        Message 3 of 5 , May 12, 2006
          On Fri, 12 May 2006 scott@... wrote:

          > Nope, 2k should work fine. Laptops are sometimes troublesome. It doesn't
          > work with a TT3 either?

          Haven't tried that yet, but I'll probably be attempting to
          reconfigure my PocketTracker soon.

        • scott@opentrac.org
          Message 4 of 5 , May 12, 2006
            Can you get the console up at least? Or do you still have a unit with just
            the bootloader?

            Scott

          • Curt Mills
            Message 5 of 5 , May 12, 2006
              On Fri, 12 May 2006 scott@... wrote:

              > Can you get the console up at least? Or do you still have a unit with just
              > the bootloader?

              I've been flashing it fine off a desktop machine. I was just hoping
              to have a portable solution for next weekend in case anyone has any
              questions on TinyTrak's or OpenTrackers.

              --
              Curt, WE7U. archer at eskimo dot com
              http://www.eskimo.com/~archer