Garmin Nuvi 760

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 25, 2008
      Ok, after a couple of months of having my attention directed
      elsewhere, I finally got around to connecting the Nuvi 760 to my
      tracker 2.

      The good news, I get GPS data from the Nuvi 760.

      The bad news, despite the Nuvi 760 being listed by Garmin as
      supporting the Fleet Management interface, it does not enable when
      connected to the Tracker.

      I am using Garmin on Port A, but nothing.

      I thought that messaging would at least work, the concern was that
      the icons of other APRS users would not work properly. However, as
      noted the Fleet Management mode does not even enable.

      Am I doing something wrong here? Again, the Nuvi 760 is suppose to
      support Fleet Management.

      My Tracker has firmware build 54479, which I assume is current.

      Any input would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Bob - KA9FLX
    • Robert P
      Message 35 of 35 , Nov 28, 2011
        Thanks for all of the responses so far. I'm still hoping to get the 760 to work with it and if I can't by the end of the week I'll pick up a 350.

        The worst part is that I got rid of a 350 a couple of years ago, pre-ham days, to get the 760!

        Robert
        K4IDK