Re: Nuvi 350 - Getting started

  • Garrett Sloan
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 18, 2008
      Ahh, Gotcha. Most all the ones I've looked at have all 5 pins, but of
      the ones I've fully dismantled, its been a bit more hit and miss. A
      few are nicely build housings with all the pins comming through and
      only 4 soldered to, a couple have been as you describe, all 5 pins,
      but 1 is shorter or clipped. Some have been long enough to solder,
      but it really is hit and miss. If Scott has a supply coming that may
      be the better route, but I'll take a look around tonight and see if I
      have any easily to solder ones that I've disassembled.

      Garrett
      VE6RKY

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "paul sinclair" <paul@...> wrote:

      > Hi garret,
      >
      > Its hard to describe in words.... on the particular one i
      dismantled i has
      > all 5 pins on the front, but towards the back where the wires are
      soldered
      > onto it there were only 4 of the pins coming through.
      >
      > But if you had a connector you were sure had the 5 pins coming
      through i
      > would be happy to conver postage costs.
      >
      > - Paul
      >
      > P.s off to bed now. night all.
      >

      > On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:33 PM, Garrett Sloan <spam1@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Paul:
      > > I must just be lucky here, although I haven't found any 5 wire
      Mini
      > > USB cables, every connector I've taken apart has had all 5 pins in
      > > it. Just went through my box of about 50 mini usb ended cables
      (they
      > > seem to come with everything) and only 2 have been missing pin X,
      > > maybe take a look at another cable if your only interested in the
      > > connector.
      > >
      > > Scott:
      > > I spent a while looking for right angle DB-9 shells for using on
      our
      > > PLC controllers, the DB-9 is on the front, and with the connector
      it
      > > wouldn't fit in a standar 6" deep panel. Never did find the
      > > connectors, but I did find locally low profile DB-9 right angle
      > > adapters, Male-Female which worked for my application.
      > >
      > > Garrett
      > > VE6RKY
      > >

      > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com <tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>,
      Scott Miller