Re: GPS & WS2317 & OT2 beacon query

  • jjbauerly
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 5, 2008
      Hello all;

      I first thought of 'tncmode' then options for the various
      configurations. Maybe it would be easier just to separate the beacon
      controls per port. So as in this example one could gather the gps
      data from port A but not beacon the position from port A. Port B is
      the WX enable to beacon as a weather station. It may be more flexable
      in other apps.

      > Yeah, but what if you want telemetry only? Or weather plus
      telemetry?

      > Scott
      >
      > Randy Love wrote:
      > >

      > > how about this?
      > >
      > > WXONLY on|off only sends WX information when enabled and WX
      data is
      > > available via a data port
      > >
      > > simple, yet elegant
      > >
      > > Randy
      > > WF5X
      > >

      > > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...
      > > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
      > >
      > > > am out in an random location wide1-1 is used. It would be
      nice to
      > > > disable the position report (first line)and only send the
      wx beacon
      > > > when configured as a WX station with GPS. In my case GPS
      on A and WX
      > > > station on B. This way it is either wx info or nothing. At
      least this
      > > > way I will be able to show the last set of wx data on UI-
      View! Can