Re: [tracker2] Re: GPS & WS2317 & OT2 beacon query

    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 3, 2008
      > am out in an random location wide1-1 is used. It would be nice to
      > disable the position report (first line)and only send the wx beacon
      > when configured as a WX station with GPS. In my case GPS on A and WX
      > station on B. This way it is either wx info or nothing. At least this
      > way I will be able to show the last set of wx data on UI-View! Can
      > this be set or fixed with the current set of commands?

      Not presently. I'd have to think about the best way to do that. Could
      be just an ON/OFF option to disable position packets if weather data is
      available. Any clever ideas for a command/option name?

      Scott
    • Randy Love
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 4, 2008
        how about this?

        WXONLY on|off     only sends WX information when enabled and WX data is available via a data port

        simple, yet elegant

        Randy
        WF5X

        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 4, 2008
          Yeah, but what if you want telemetry only? Or weather plus telemetry?

          Scott

          Randy Love wrote:

          > how about this?
          >
          > WXONLY on|off only sends WX information when enabled and WX data is
          > available via a data port
          >
          > simple, yet elegant
          >
          > Randy
          > WF5X
          >

          > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...
          > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
          >
          > > am out in an random location wide1-1 is used. It would be nice to
          > > disable the position report (first line)and only send the wx beacon
          > > when configured as a WX station with GPS. In my case GPS on A and WX
          > > station on B. This way it is either wx info or nothing. At least this
          > > way I will be able to show the last set of wx data on UI-View! Can
          > > this be set or fixed with the current set of commands?
          >
          > Not presently. I'd have to think about the best way to do that. Could
          > be just an ON/OFF option to disable position packets if weather data is
          > available. Any clever ideas for a command/option name?
          >
          > Scott

        • Randy Love
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 4, 2008
            Ah, well... that's a bit more complicated.. :)

            Back to the thinking chair...

            Randy Love wrote:

            > how about this?
            >
            > WXONLY on|off only sends WX information when enabled and WX data is
            > available via a data port
            >
            > simple, yet elegant
            >
            > Randy
            > WF5X
            >

            > On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:06 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...
            > <mailto:scott@...>> wrote:
            >
            > > am out in an random location wide1-1 is used. It would be nice to
            > > disable the position report (first line)and only send the wx beacon
            > > when configured as a WX station with GPS. In my case GPS on A and WX
            > > station on B. This way it is either wx info or nothing. At least this
            > > way I will be able to show the last set of wx data on UI-View! Can
            > > this be set or fixed with the current set of commands?
            >
            > Not presently. I'd have to think about the best way to do that. Could
            > be just an ON/OFF option to disable position packets if weather data is
            > available. Any clever ideas for a command/option name?
            >
            > Scott

          • jjbauerly
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 5, 2008
              Hello all;

              I first thought of 'tncmode' then options for the various
              configurations. Maybe it would be easier just to separate the beacon
              controls per port. So as in this example one could gather the gps
              data from port A but not beacon the position from port A. Port B is
              the WX enable to beacon as a weather station. It may be more flexable
              in other apps.