Re: OT2 does not TX!

  • Margie and Dave
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2008

      > > The red and green led buttons will toggle the ACT LED to be red or
      > > green or both(amber).
      > > The PTT button does not toggle the TX LED.
      >
      > The PTT diagnostic routine only controls PTT, not the TX LED. I should
      > probably change that. Does it key the radio? If not, chances are
      > you've got a wiring problem. What radio are you using?
      >
      > Scott

      Hi Scott,
      Tnx for the quick response!

      At home I use the OT2 in place of my KAM+ with my Icom 28H or my old
      Yaesu 207 HT. Both take grounded PTT and work OK with the KAM+ and
      OT2. Glad you chose the Kantronic pinout for the radio as it fits all
      my existing KAM, KAM+, TT2, and KPC2 TNCs, thanks.

      I did get the OT2 to work with the Nuvi350 and it is GREAT! TX and RX
      both work great there with the same equipment so that should rule out
      the equipment issues.

      Still interesting why the rig would not TX with the diagnostics. Does
      the "Power" button test the relay function. The config program is
      very user friendly, but are there any instruction available for it?

      Nice board layout with the SMD approach. What can the empty header
      strip be used for?

      73's
      Dave
      VA3DK
    • Patrick
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2008
        What are your settings for the 28h (squelch, volume, etc)? I've spent a
        little time playing with mine and can't seem to get RX to work
        reliably... It happens, but not always... I haven't had a chance to
        hook a computer into the mix as of yet, but when you mentioned the 28h I
        had to ask. lol.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2008
          > Still interesting why the rig would not TX with the diagnostics. Does
          > the "Power" button test the relay function. The config program is
          > very user friendly, but are there any instruction available for it?

          Yes, it should activate the relay. The otwincfg instructions haven't
          kept up with the program - I've been debating whether to make that part
          of the T2 manual or to make it a separate manual.

          > Nice board layout with the SMD approach. What can the empty header
          > strip be used for?

          Most importantly (for me), initial programming. It can also be used for
          debugging - it's Freescale's standard MON08 layout. It has some extra
          pins in there that can be used as analog inputs.