Re: Fill in digi - should I use WIDE1 or WIDE as my alias?

  • Cap
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11, 2008
      Yes that's right. So a mobile OpenTracker station hoping to take
      advantage of local fill-in digis as well as the high-level digis sets
      their mobile path to
      WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 routinely (at least in North America).

      Please remember, mobile stations do not routinely digipeat any
      aliases themselves.

      Fill-in digipeater stations only operate packets adressed to WIDE1-1
      or their own callsign.
      Full high-level digipeater stations operate packets addressed to
      WIDE1-1 or WIDE2-1 or WIDE2-2 or their own callsign (or "SS"n-N).
      73, Cap KE6AFE