Re: Can we do an offset

  • kb9lgs
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11, 2008
      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Phillip" <zl2tze@...> wrote:

      I am not talking about approval from a repeater council or something.
      If I was trying for a wide area coverage one I would do this, but
      this is just a fill in to bring signals from a few miles around here
      to the main digies. Basically this area is kind of a radio hole so
      no APRS traffic gets out to anyone for about 5 miles around me. I
      have experimented and I can receive from most areas around me from
      this hill, and also can get to a main digi from there. The approval
      I referred to is that of the land owner. It is preliminary in that
      he wants details on exactly what I will put there before final
      approval is given. Basically if it won't bug him he is OK with it.

      I also will be getting with the more expert experts in our area about
      exactly what antenna and power I will want to use. Obviously the
      less power the less problems I will have in getting that power to the
      unit.

      > Hi,
      > When you apply for your approval do you submit the location of
      your
      > digi ?
      >
      > If yes, is this then a Public record that any one can see.
      >
      > I would have thought as long as the submitted location is held by
      > your authority and you place the device at that location any thing
      coming
      > from it
      > in the form of a LAT/LONG or mobile data passing is 3rd party or am I
      > wrong.
      >
      > 73 Phillip
      > ZL2TZE

      8/10/2008