Re: power budget?

  • ml41782
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 9, 2008
      Any way you cut it using 5 watts for a digipeater or using 45 watts
      for a digipeater you are looking at changing up from a 12 AH battery
      for a 5 watt setup to a 20 AH battery for a 45 watt setup. There was
      an earlier post about the calculations for radio's. I will say they
      are pretty dam close.
      I have always installed a minimal 30 AH battery reguardless. The
      extra wont kill you and it can only help you in the long run. It
      maybe a little bit more cost up front. when the power is out that
      extra storage will help out a little bit longer to keep you on the
      air.

      a 5 watt digipeater
      -------------------------
      transmit receive