Programmability

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 3 , May 7, 2006
      I've thought all along that the T2 really needs something more flexible than
      the 2-config switching setup, but I haven't settled on exactly what that's
      going to be.

      Right now, I'm thinking about implementing some sort of ladder logic
      interpreter, like a PLC. I haven't had much experience with ladder logic,
      but it seems like a fairly simple way to get a lot of flexibility. Here's a
      good introduction:

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ladder_logic

      I need it to be line-editable, though - you have to be able to specify a
      line number and edit it at the command prompt, or through a remote command.
      If anyone knows of a system that would be a good model to work from, let me
      know.

      I'm going to try to come up with some use cases that illustrate the kind of
      tasks I want to be able to accomplish with the system. For example, a high
      altitude balloon might have the following requirements:

      When above 10,000 feet, set PATH = null
      When below 10,000 feet, set PATH = WIDE2-2
      When temperature < -30C, turn heater on
      When temperature > -10C, turn heater off
      When above 1000 feet, trigger camera every 30 seconds

      Suggestions?

      Scott
    • Wes Johnston
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2006
        How about when voltage >x.x then change callsign to xxYxxx
        when voltage >xxx.xx <yyy.yy then change callsign to xxzyyy

        Gives the ability to create objects that stick on the map when a push button is pressed that is attached to the analog input.

        Wes

        Message 3 of 3 , May 7, 2006
          There are enough digital inputs available that you shouldn't have to worry
          about analog tricks. In ladder logic, it might be something like:

          |---[D1]---(MYCALL FLAG)---|
          |---[/D1]--(MYCALL N1VG)---|

          Having outputs execute console commands wouldn't be hard, though they'd need
          to be coded as 1-shots to avoid executing constantly. There could be a
          command for posting a named object at the current location that might meet
          your requirements better.

          Scott