Re: T2-135 fails to decode traffic

  • vk2int
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 2, 2008
      Scott,
      Same problem here. The I-gate using one of these boards has not
      performed as expected. This morning it failed to decode any of the
      traffic I could see on the S meter for a period so I swapped the T2-
      135 with another and all seems ok at the moment.
      From the posts reflowing the solder joints seems to correct the
      problem or have you narrowed it to a specific component?
      Mike, VK2INT.

      > After hearing a couple of reports like this, I've started running
      longer
      > tests on the T2-135's before shipping. Out of the last batch,
      about 1
      > in 10 seemed to be missing too many packets. I haven't had a
      chance to
      > get solid numbers yet, though - I just set those side for further
      > testing. I can spend some time on that today; if I can get one
      with
      > measurably bad performance, I'll start swapping out parts and find
      out
      > if the contract manufacturer got some parts mixed up or something.
      >
      > The T2-135 doesn't have the OT2m's input filter, so whatever it is,
      it's
      > got to be unrelated to that problem.
      >
      > One other thing - are you running a GPS at the same time, and on
      which
      > port? With the way the DR-135T gets crosstalk from the GPS data
      into
      > the speaker, I worry that maybe it's got crosstalk elsewhere, too.
      >
      > Scott

    • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 2, 2008
        From fixing the 2 bad boards recently, I would try first to reflow R5 and C5. Then you might gain more by reflowing parts around the 2211 decoder chip.