UI-View32 setup

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
      Since this comes up so frequently, I've added an appendix to the manual
      on UI-View32 configuration.

      The recommended setup is to put the T2 in KISS mode and leave it there.
      Erase all of the 'Into KISS' commands. Put a '0' in the 'Exit KISS'
      command, or UI-View32 will hang when you try to exit the program.

      If you're using port A and want UI-View32 to enter and exit KISS mode on
      its own, use the following commands:

      Into KISS

      1:^M^M
      2:AMODE KISS

      Exit KISS
      192,255,192

      If anyone has any additions or corrections to that, let me know, but it
      works fine here.

      Scott
    • Ron N9QGS
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
        http://www.ustream.tv/channel/everything101

        Im working on the GPS and the T2-135 again, and people can watch me
        and chat as I do it Im bound to get this to work... Ron

        Ron N9QGS

        On Aug 2, 2008, at 4:51 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

        > Since this comes up so frequently, I've added an appendix to the
        > manual
        > on UI-View32 configuration.
        >
        > The recommended setup is to put the T2 in KISS mode and leave it
        > there.
        > Erase all of the 'Into KISS' commands. Put a '0' in the 'Exit KISS'
        > command, or UI-View32 will hang when you try to exit the program.
        >
        > If you're using port A and want UI-View32 to enter and exit KISS
        > mode on
        > its own, use the following commands:
        >
        > Into KISS
        >
        > 1:^M^M
        > 2:AMODE KISS
        >
        > Exit KISS
        > 192,255,192
        >
        > If anyone has any additions or corrections to that, let me know, but
        > it
        > works fine here.

      • Brent Gay
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
          Now that was cool!!! Remote tech support at its finest. Glad you got it working.

          Brent, KF4JZY

          On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Ron N9QGS <APRSdash9@...> wrote:

          http://www.ustream.tv/channel/everything101

          Im working on the GPS and the T2-135 again, and people can watch me
          and chat as I do it Im bound to get this to work... Ron

          Ron N9QGS

          On Aug 2, 2008, at 4:51 PM, Scott Miller wrote:

          > Since this comes up so frequently, I've added an appendix to the
          > manual
          > on UI-View32 configuration.
          >
          > The recommended setup is to put the T2 in KISS mode and leave it
          > there.
          > Erase all of the 'Into KISS' commands. Put a '0' in the 'Exit KISS'
          > command, or UI-View32 will hang when you try to exit the program.
          >
          > If you're using port A and want UI-View32 to enter and exit KISS
          > mode on
          > its own, use the following commands:
          >
          > Into KISS
          >
          > 1:^M^M
          > 2:AMODE KISS
          >
          > Exit KISS
          > 192,255,192
          >
          > If anyone has any additions or corrections to that, let me know, but
          > it
          > works fine here.

        • Ron N9QGS
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
            Thanks to all who helped today in the Ustream.tv chat I hosted to
            resolve my issues with the T2-135. It was fixed in minutes a few
            setting changed and it worked as prescribed :-) Just drove up the
            street and back saw it transmit at every turn and i'm on the internet
            as well. Thanks to all who helped over the past few days. 73 Ron
            N9QGS

            Position of N9QGS-9 --- 1.6 miles northeast of Georgetown, KY ---
            Report received 5 minutes 9 seconds ago Course: 172.0 Speed: 19.8 MPH
            Raw packet: N9QGS-9>APOT2A,KY4WC-10*,WIDE1,qAo,KD4SN:!/;0Dk9,KB>YLG/
            A=000889
          • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 2, 2008
              Ron
              did you make notes of what was changed?
              I missed the show, and would like to learn what worked and what didn't

              de Paulus N5SNN/YD0NXX

              > Thanks to all who helped today in the Ustream.tv chat I
              > hosted to
              > resolve my issues with the T2-135. It was fixed in minutes
              > a few
              > setting changed and it worked as prescribed :-) Just drove
              > up the
              > street and back saw it transmit at every turn and i'm
              > on the internet
              > as well. Thanks to all who helped over the past few days.
              > 73 Ron
              > N9QGS
              >
              > Position of N9QGS-9 --- 1.6 miles northeast of Georgetown,
              > KY ---
              > Report received 5 minutes 9 seconds ago Course: 172.0
              > Speed: 19.8 MPH
              > Raw packet:
              > N9QGS-9>APOT2A,KY4WC-10*,WIDE1,qAo,KD4SN:!/;0Dk9,KB>YLG/
              >
              > A=000889

            • Ron N9QGS
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 3, 2008
                There was a checkbox on jumpber in the profile switch probably the
                number one problem, plus when I last was playing with it I had
                switched bmode to garmin at one point and I was overlooking that being
                switched back to Auto. ron
                On Aug 3, 2008, at 2:42 AM, P. Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:

                > Ron
                > did you make notes of what was changed?
                > I missed the show, and would like to learn what worked and what didn't
                >
                > de Paulus N5SNN/YD0NXX

              • Keith VE7GDH
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
                  Scott N1VG wrote...

                  > The recommended setup is to put the T2 in KISS mode and leave it
                  > there. Erase all of the 'Into KISS' commands. Put a '0' in the 'Exit
                  > KISS' command, or UI-View32 will hang when you try to exit the
                  > program.

                  I'm using a T2-135. I didn't (yet) try the "0" in the exit KISS command,
                  but...

                  > If you're using port A and want UI-View32 to enter and exit KISS mode
                  > on
                  > its own, use the following commands:
                  >
                  > Into KISS
                  >
                  > 1:^M^M
                  > 2:AMODE KISS
                  >
                  > Exit KISS
                  > 192,255,192

                  I just tried the above and it worked. However, I inserted INT 0 to
                  prevent it from beaconing on its own before the AMODE KISS.

                  Could you comment on what I suggested earlier...

                  into KISS...
                  003,003,003
                  INT 0
                  AMODE KISS