Firmware build 53851

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 7 , May 6 11:29 PM
      Lots of internal changes and bug fixes in this version. I think the only
      change visible to the user is the status command - it now displays packets
      received and FCS errors since startup.

      I'm finding that optimum decoding performance doesn't necessarily correspond
      to dead center tuning as indicated by the calibration routine. I'll post
      results when I've got enough data.

      I did discover that I was able to have both the through-hole and surface
      mount boards continue decoding down to -75 degrees C (-103F) with the tuning
      knob all the way to the right, or in the case of the SMT boards, with the
      fixed tuning resistor set to 4.7k. The temperature sensor gets unreliable
      much beyond that - it'll start jumping around randomly when it fails.
      Haven't had a chance to do any high-temperature testing yet.

      Scott
    • J. Rausch
      Message 2 of 7 , May 8 7:22 PM
        Scott, would you consider changing PATH to UNPROTO to keep in-line
        with the TNC2 standard? Such as UNPROTO APRS VIA WIDE1-1,WIDE3-3 or
        UNPROTO APRS V WIDE1-1,WIDE3-3

        Thanks,
        Jason KE4NYV
        RPC Electronics
        www.rpc-electronics.com

      • scott@opentrac.org
        Message 3 of 7 , May 8 7:40 PM
          How about making it a hidden alias? I always thought UNPROTO was a stupid
          name for it.

          Scott

        • Jason Rausch
          Message 4 of 7 , May 8 7:50 PM
            --- scott@... wrote:

            > How about making it a hidden alias?

            I'm not sure I follow you. What do you mean?

            > I always
            > thought UNPROTO was a stupid
            > name for it.

            Agreed, makes no sense to me either. I guess I was
            just thinking about compatiability. Not just with the
            HamHUD, but with just about all of the software out
            there.

            Jason KE4NYV
            RPC Electronics
            www.rpc-electronics.com
          • scott@opentrac.org
            Message 5 of 7 , May 8 7:54 PM
              I just created an alias for the PATH command - if you enter UNPROTO it'll
              work the same as PATH, only it doesn't show up in the HELP list.

            • Jason Rausch
              Message 6 of 7 , May 8 8:05 PM
                --- scott@... wrote:

                > I just created an alias for the PATH command - if
                > you enter UNPROTO it'll
                > work the same as PATH, only it doesn't show up in
                > the HELP list.

                Ok, Cool! I get ya now. Thanks.
              • Jason Winningham
                Message 7 of 7 , May 9 4:10 AM
                  On May 8, 2006, at 9:40 PM, <scott@...> <scott@...>
                  wrote:

                  > How about making it a hidden alias? I always thought UNPROTO was a
                  > stupid
                  > name for it.

                  I agree - PATH makes sense. What the heck is UNPROTO?

                  -Jason
                  kg4wsv