Glad that fixed it for you. There was something definitely weird with
the assembly of that batch. I just got a new batch of bare boards in,
but I'm not using that place for assembly again.
Scott Brock wrote:
> Okay, here are the results!
> After spending an hour figuring out what coax went to the antenna on the
> roof, I was able to hook up the radio and hear good sounding strong
> packets. The problem was still present. I decided to skip comparing to
> the other TNC/Radio for now because of the time it would take to get
> that put back together.
> To get the demodulator section reflowed I had to get out the flux and I
> used a fine tip and did each solder point individually. I put The T2-135
> back in the radio and it worked great. I proceeded to finish this same
> reflow process on the rest of the board, cleaned the board with some
> alcohol, and reinstalled again. I was able to throw in 20dB of
> attenuation before I started to have problems decoding packets. At this
> point the signal was not showing up on the radio's meter and sounded
> very weak. Seems like it was indeed the solder process.
> Thanks for the help guys.
> Scott - kb9szw