Digipeater

  • gervais fillion
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 24, 2008
      hi
      well can the OT2 be used on a mountain as a digi just like an ordinary tnc???

      gervais

    • Jason KG4WSV
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 24, 2008
        On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:56 PM, gervais fillion <ve2ckn@...> wrote:
        > hi
        > well can the OT2 be used on a mountain as a digi just like an ordinary
        > tnc???

        You can probably dumb it down to work like an "ordinary" TNC; by
        default, it can be much smarter i nthe way it digipeats.

        I think it is a bit more limited in the number of beacon slots as
        compared e.g. to a KPC-3, but there has been discussion on this
        subject and there could be workarounds to that (I wasn't paying too
        much attention).

        -Jason
        kg4wsv
      • gervais fillion
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 24, 2008
          hi jASON
          my kpc3 is dying,,,and in the OT2 there is a check for Digipeat as i recall.
          i wonder if i install it on my 3000 feet montain,,it woudl react??????

          gervais,ve2ckn

          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 24, 2008
            Yes. And unlike an ordinary TNC, you can send it configuration commands
            by APRS message, so you can control it from the other side of the planet
            if there's a properly configured IGate in range.

            Scott

            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 24, 2008
              The workaround is to use the scripting system to trigger beacons at
              specified time intervals. The main limitation right now is that you
              can't really specify different paths.

              Scott

              Jason KG4WSV wrote:

              > On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 3:56 PM, gervais fillion <ve2ckn@...
              > <mailto:ve2ckn%40hotmail.com>> wrote:
              > > hi
              > > well can the OT2 be used on a mountain as a digi just like an ordinary
              > > tnc???
              >
              > You can probably dumb it down to work like an "ordinary" TNC; by
              > default, it can be much smarter i nthe way it digipeats.
              >
              > I think it is a bit more limited in the number of beacon slots as
              > compared e.g. to a KPC-3, but there has been discussion on this
              > subject and there could be workarounds to that (I wasn't paying too
              > much attention).
              >
              > -Jason
              > kg4wsv

            • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 24, 2008

                I have 2 acting as mountain digi. One with T2-135, and another with Tracker2 (proto C board). OT2 is much easier to remote maintain compared to a KPC3 in a sense I can send commands thru APRS message (sometimes thru igate), rather than having to set a connected packet mode (on a direct RF path) for KPC3 to change settings.

                73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 24, 2008
                  ok Suryono,
                  i already have an KPC3 that is dying on my mountain,
                  i may order too scott another OT2 and try it there !
                  i am thinking seriously to test it!
                  it is a place where you can hear N-West New-Brunswick,part of Maine too.
                  it is cold in winter and hot in summer in the radio site ,,,
                  if at least it could relay position too my igate it would be good.
                  ok let's gat back at the OT2 topics now.

                  73/s all

                   Gervais,VE2CKN

                  To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
                  From: yono_adisoemarta@...
                  Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 17:09:01 -0700
                  Subject: Re: [tracker2] Digipeater

                  I have 2 acting as mountain digi. One with T2-135, and another with Tracker2 (proto C board). OT2 is much easier to remote maintain compared to a KPC3 in a sense I can send commands thru APRS message (sometimes thru igate), rather than having to set a connected packet mode (on a direct RF path) for KPC3 to change settings.

                  73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

                  well can the OT2 be used on a mountain as a digi just like an ordinary tnc???

                  gervais

                • tbanks204
                  Message 8 of 24 , Apr 23, 2013
                    I have a Tracker2 With an Alinco DR-135 radio that I am trying to use as a digipeater, KC0WNY but I guess there are things I don't under stand about this concept. I have two other mobile units, one being Kenwood TM-710A, KC0WNY-14, how come when I look at the packets from the mobile KC0WNY-14, I never see anything originating from KC0WNY from my Digipeater, only from other stations. Digipeat is set to on with the Tracker2, Please yell at me softly, as I am not the sharpest tack in the box with this issue. Thank You KC0WNY
                  • Keith VE7GDH
                    Message 9 of 24 , Apr 23, 2013
                      KC0WNY wrote...

                      > I have a Tracker2 With an Alinco DR-135 radio that I am
                      > trying to use as a digipeater, KC0WNY but I guess there are
                      > things I don't under stand about this concept. I have two other
                      > mobile units, one being Kenwood TM-710A, KC0WNY-14,
                      > how come when I look at the packets from the mobile
                      > KC0WNY-14, I never see anything originating from
                      > KC0WNY from my Digipeater, only from other stations.
                      > Digipeat is set to on with the Tracker2...

                      I was going to say that perhaps the T20135 wasn't beaconing,
                      but it is. However, fixed stations, let alone digipeaters, should
                      not use WIDE1-1 in their path, and there is seldom anything to
                      be gained when its own beacons go out with a three hop path.
                      Those beacons with long paths are really just causing QRM
                      for those around you.

                      2013-04-23 13:14:17 PDT:
                      KC0WNY>APOT21,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2,qAR,KC0U-1
                      :!3748.06N/09556.91W# 12.4V Voice on 145.700

                      You are being heard direct and being gated by KCOU-1.
                      However, I see you later dropped the WIDE1-1. That's
                      a step in the right direction. Consider whether you can
                      reduce that one more hop down to just WIDE2-1 for
                      its own beacons! 8-)

                      So... it is beaconing and it is being heard, at least by
                      KCOU-1. However, there is the possibility that there just
                      isn't a lot of traffic for the digi to hear and digipeat, but
                      see below.

                      Turning to KC0WNY-14...

                      http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KC0WNY-14&limit=1000&view=normal

                      With only one exception, it was heard direct by an IGate
                      the last 1000 beacons that it sent. It could very well have
                      been digipeated, by other digipeaters and your own, but
                      it is consistently making it to an IGate without needing
                      any help from a digi. Back on April 15, a single beacon
                      made it to an IGate with the help from a digi. You really
                      need to look on RF to see what is happening on RF... e.g.
                      if you look on the D710, you may find that it is consistently
                      hearing KC0WNY direct, just like the IGates are.

                      www.db0anf.de/app/aprs/stations/digiusers-KC0WNY?sort=lastheard-d

                      It appears that at least 7 stations have gone through KC02NY
                      this year and made it to an IGate... N70SH, MATFLD, KA7PHJ-11,
                      KTCHM, K0SUN-4, K0LTB-7 and N219RV.

                      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                    • Teddy Banks
                      Message 10 of 24 , Apr 23, 2013
                        Yes, I know about the path, and I changed it back to Wide2-2, I was just doing some testing, why? I have no idea. Thanks for the Info.
                        On 4/23/2013 4:59 PM, Keith VE7GDH wrote:

                        KC0WNY wrote...

                        > I have a Tracker2 With an Alinco DR-135 radio that I am
                        > trying to use as a digipeater, KC0WNY but I guess there are
                        > things I don't under stand about this concept. I have two other
                        > mobile units, one being Kenwood TM-710A, KC0WNY-14,
                        > how come when I look at the packets from the mobile
                        > KC0WNY-14, I never see anything originating from
                        > KC0WNY from my Digipeater, only from other stations.
                        > Digipeat is set to on with the Tracker2...

                        I was going to say that perhaps the T20135 wasn't beaconing,
                        but it is. However, fixed stations, let alone digipeaters, should
                        not use WIDE1-1 in their path, and there is seldom anything to
                        be gained when its own beacons go out with a three hop path.
                        Those beacons with long paths are really just causing QRM
                        for those around you.

                        2013-04-23 13:14:17 PDT:
                        KC0WNY>APOT21,WIDE1-1,WIDE2-2,qAR,KC0U-1
                        :!3748.06N/09556.91W# 12.4V Voice on 145.700

                        You are being heard direct and being gated by KCOU-1.
                        However, I see you later dropped the WIDE1-1. That's
                        a step in the right direction. Consider whether you can
                        reduce that one more hop down to just WIDE2-1 for
                        its own beacons! 8-)

                        So... it is beaconing and it is being heard, at least by
                        KCOU-1. However, there is the possibility that there just
                        isn't a lot of traffic for the digi to hear and digipeat, but
                        see below.

                        Turning to KC0WNY-14...

                        http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KC0WNY-14&limit=1000&view=normal

                        With only one exception, it was heard direct by an IGate
                        the last 1000 beacons that it sent. It could very well have
                        been digipeated, by other digipeaters and your own, but
                        it is consistently making it to an IGate without needing
                        any help from a digi. Back on April 15, a single beacon
                        made it to an IGate with the help from a digi. You really
                        need to look on RF to see what is happening on RF... e.g.
                        if you look on the D710, you may find that it is consistently
                        hearing KC0WNY direct, just like the IGates are.

                        www.db0anf.de/app/aprs/stations/digiusers-KC0WNY?sort=lastheard-d

                        It appears that at least 7 stations have gone through KC02NY
                        this year and made it to an IGate... N70SH, MATFLD, KA7PHJ-11,
                        KTCHM, K0SUN-4, K0LTB-7 and N219RV.

                        73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH

                        Ham Radio Operators  KCØWNY-KDØACN  Ted & Kay

                      • tbanks204
                        Message 11 of 24 , Apr 23, 2013
                          I should also have said that nearest repeater, I estimate is 40 to 50 miles from my location

                          Message 12 of 24 , Apr 23, 2013
                            Teddy KC0WNY wrote...

                            > Yes, I know about the path, and I changed it back to WIDE2-2,
                            > I was just doing some testing, why? I have no idea. Thanks for
                            > the Info.

                            I would probably back PATH off to a single hop WIDE2-1.
                            This of course only affects the path used for its own beacons,
                            but it would reduce non-essential traffic around you if it
                            was backed off to just a single hop.

                            Have you hooked up a terminal program or an APRS client like
                            UI-View to the T2-135 to see how much it is decoding? You
                            could compare it to what your D710 is hearing. It could be
                            that there just aren't a lot of beacons for it to digipeat. However
                            the digipeater itself is consistently making it to an IGate direct
                            with no help from another digipeater.

                            What settings do you have in the T2-135 for ALIAS 1, ALIAS 2
                            etc. and HOPLIMIT 1, HOPLIMIT 2 etc. and USEALIAS 1,
                            USEALIAS 2 and DIGIID 1, DIGIID 2 etc.?

                            73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                          • Keith VE7GDH
                            Message 13 of 24 , Apr 23, 2013
                              Teddy KC0WNY wrote...

                              > I should also have said that nearest repeater, I estimate is
                              > 40 to 50 miles from my location

                              I assume you mean "digipeater" where you said "repeater".
                              If that's the case, I would definitely reduce your own path
                              down to a single hop WIDE2-1. The digi is either going
                              to be heard direct (by a station - fixed or mobile) or by
                              an IGate direct (it seems to be) or if it's heard by that distant
                              digi 40-50 miles away, will get digipeated by it. The function
                              of your digi is to assist mostly mobile stations... either helping
                              them extend their range on RF or helping them get to an
                              IGate. You seem to be consistently making it to an IGate
                              direct, so your digi should definitely help out other stations.
                              You really just need to determine if it is decoding other
                              stations and verify the digipeater settings.

                              73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH
                            • Teddy Banks
                              Message 14 of 24 , Apr 23, 2013
                                Thanks Keith, I appreciate  your advice, and input,  Path changed to 2-1, and will post some traffic it sees from Terterm Pro for evaluation

                                Teddy KC0WNY wrote...

                                Message 15 of 24 , Apr 23, 2013
                                  On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM, tbanks204 <tbanks204@...> wrote:

                                  > how come when I look at the packets from the mobile KC0WNY-14, I never see
                                  > anything originating from KC0WNY from my Digipeater, only from other stations.

                                  If you look at packets from KC0WNY-14, you will never see packets
                                  originated from anywhere else.

                                  When you look at packets from KC0WNY-14, you are looking at packets
                                  that originate from that station. If you would like to see packets
                                  that originate from other origins, you would need to look at packets
                                  that originate from those other origins.

                                  http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=VE6SRV will show you packets that originate
                                  from my vehicle. You will not see packets that originate from any
                                  other station in that list because I have explicitly asked aprs.fi to
                                  show me only packets that originate from VE6SRV.

                                  If you would like to see packets that originate from KC0WNY, then you
                                  would simply ask aprs.fi to show you the same... here's a URL that
                                  will show you the packets that originated from KC0WNY:

                                  http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KC0WNY&limit=50&view=normal

                                • Teddy Banks
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Apr 23, 2013
                                    Thanks James, it starting to make a little more sense, and btw, if you happen to need a new railroad track built, I could do that :-)
                                    On 4/23/2013 7:43 PM, James Ewen wrote:

                                    On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM, tbanks204 <tbanks204@...> wrote:

                                    > how come when I look at the packets from the mobile KC0WNY-14, I never see
                                    > anything originating from KC0WNY from my Digipeater, only from other stations.

                                    If you look at packets from KC0WNY-14, you will never see packets
                                    originated from anywhere else.

                                    When you look at packets from KC0WNY-14, you are looking at packets
                                    that originate from that station. If you would like to see packets
                                    that originate from other origins, you would need to look at packets
                                    that originate from those other origins.

                                    http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=VE6SRV will show you packets that originate
                                    from my vehicle. You will not see packets that originate from any
                                    other station in that list because I have explicitly asked aprs.fi to
                                    show me only packets that originate from VE6SRV.

                                    If you would like to see packets that originate from KC0WNY, then you
                                    would simply ask aprs.fi to show you the same... here's a URL that
                                    will show you the packets that originated from KC0WNY:

                                    http://aprs.fi/?c=raw&call=KC0WNY&limit=50&view=normal

                                    Ham Radio Operators  KCØWNY-KDØACN  Ted & Kay

                                  • Ronny Julian
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Apr 23, 2013
                                      If you mouse over a station and select the info link upper right of the pop up window you will see a page that tells quite a bit about what is routing through a station or Digi.  I look at this on k4rjj-7 to make sure the thing still works as it is out in a remote location.

                                      Example

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Apr 24, 2013
                                        OK, the reasion for all the questions is, I am trying to learn how to find out if my home Station KC0WNY-1, (changed the ID) is doing what I think it should do, and that is, receive the packets sent from my mobile unit(s) one being my wife's Car, She is a ham also, with an ID of KC0WNY-14, when I looked at the raw data today, from both stations,  I can see the packets being picked up by a station ID of Walnut. The reasion I put up my station is because there is not much APRS Traffic in my local area, and I thought it would help for tracking purposes with my 2 mobile units. My antenna is about 30 ft high, and is a diamond 2 mtr ground plane,  I really enjoy this APRS Technology, but I am pretty thick headed,  I guess that about covers it. Thanks

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Apr 24, 2013
                                          On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Teddy Banks <tbanks204@...> wrote:

                                          > OK, the reasion for all the questions is, I am trying to learn how to find
                                          > out if my home Station KC0WNY-1, (changed the ID) is doing what I think it
                                          > should do, and that is, receive the packets sent from my mobile unit(s) one
                                          > being my wife's Car, She is a ham also, with an ID of KC0WNY-14, when I
                                          > looked at the raw data today, from both stations, I can see the packets
                                          > being picked up by a station ID of Walnut. The reasion I put up my station
                                          > is because there is not much APRS Traffic in my local area, and I thought it
                                          > would help for tracking purposes with my 2 mobile units. My antenna is about
                                          > 30 ft high, and is a diamond 2 mtr ground plane, I really enjoy this APRS
                                          > Technology, but I am pretty thick headed, I guess that about covers it.

                                          Here's the tricky part about ham radio... you need to use ham radio to
                                          monitor ham radio.

                                          KC0WNY-14 looks to be a Kenwood TM-D710. That radio can be used for
                                          APRS, and it looks like it is. The wonderful thing about the TM-D710
                                          over other APRS devices like the TinyTrak and OpenTracker lines when
                                          used as TX only devices is that the TM-D710 has a transceiver, TNC,
                                          and display all built into one integrated package.

                                          So, to figure out if your home station is acting as a digipeater, all
                                          you need to do is to go out to your wife's car, and start up the
                                          TM-D710. It should fire out a position packet as soon as the attached
                                          GPS gets a position lock. The radio will transmit. If your home
                                          station is configured properly, and responds to the path used by your
                                          wife's car, you will see (on the display of the TM-D710) the words "MY
                                          POSITION"which will pop up on the top of the display. You will also
                                          see the S/RF meter indicate reception of a signal. The BUSY indicator
                                          should also light up. If you have your volume up, and Voice Alert
                                          disabled, you will hear a packet burst. If you have incoming packet
                                          beeps enabled, you'll also hear a be-doop sound indicating reception
                                          of a packet. You can also hit the P.MON button and watch the incoming
                                          packets to see if you can see a packet being digipeated by your
                                          station, but you need to be pretty quick to catch that flashing by,
                                          especially with a GPS on the radio.

                                          The radio gives all kinds of indications that it is receiving signals,
                                          all you have to do is pay attention to what it is telling you. You've
                                          indicated that the closest digipeater to you is 40 to 50 miles away
                                          (other than your station). I see MATFLD at 57 km (about 35 miles), so
                                          if you are seeing full scale signals of your digipeats, you can be
                                          pretty sure that you are seeing digipeats from your station.

                                          Another way you can figure out if your DR-135 and Tracker2 combination
                                          are working as a digipeater is to sit next to those devices and
                                          observe them. Turn up the volume on the DR-135, and watch the lights
                                          on the Tracker2. You should be able to hear a packet being received,
                                          and observe the RX light on the Tracker2. If the packet is asking for
                                          a digipeat and the Tracker2 is configured to respond to that alias,
                                          then the Tracker2 will light up it's TX light, and you should see the
                                          DR-135 go into TX mode, and send the packet out again.

                                          If you have an HT or other radio available, you can tune to 144.390
                                          and listen to the activity. You should hear packets from other
                                          stations (your wife), and then immediately after, a second
                                          transmission, which should correspond with the TX lights as indicated
                                          in the paragraph above.

                                          So, there's all kinds of information available to let you know if your
                                          station is working as desired.

                                          Now, if you want to observe the APRS activity via the internet, be
                                          prepared to be sorely disappointed because as we have posted
                                          continually over the years, the APRS-IS is designed to block ALL but
                                          the FIRST copy of a packet that is received. You will NEVER be able to
                                          tell exactly what is happening on the APRS RF network when observing
                                          the APRS-IS stream via a site such as aprs.fi or findu.com. The
                                          information you are interested in seeing is blocked from view.
                                          Occasionally you might get a glimpse at some of the desired data, but
                                          the APRS-IS is designed to block access to all but the first copy of a
                                          packet heard.

                                          Packets from your area are being heard directly by KC0U-1, which means
                                          that any subsequent digipeats would never get seen on the normal
                                          APRS-IS feed.

                                          However (isn't there always a however?), KC0U-1 is running
                                          APRSISCE/32, an application that sends an unfiltered stream back home
                                          to it's master as well as feeding the normal filtered stream to the
                                          APRS-IS. This unfiltered stream allows us a peek into the real APRS
                                          network operations.

                                          Here's a look at what KC0U-1 has seen over the last 24 hours:

                                          http://ldeffenb.dnsalias.net:3000/catchall?FormName=rfTRAFFIC&Action=Display&IGates=KC0U-1

                                          There's no legend, but if I recall properly, the numbers in the boxes
                                          decode as follows:

                                          3+10 means 3 packets originating from the station, and 10 packets
                                          digipeated by the station.

                                          I've been snooping looking for packets digipeated by your station, but
                                          the change in station callsign made my snooping void as I was looking
                                          for packets digipeated by KC0WNY... now I'm watching for packets
                                          digipeated by KC0WNY-1.

                                          Message 20 of 24 , Apr 24, 2013
                                            Well, snooping finally paid off...

                                            2013-04-25T00:39:56
                                            EMPRIA>APN382,KC0WNY-1*,qAR,KC0U-1:!3823.15NS09610.59W#PHG7560/W2,
                                            KSn, Emporia WX0U jbelford@...
                                            2013-04-25T01:09:52
                                            EMPRIA>APN382,KC0WNY-1*,qAR,KC0U-1:!3823.15NS09610.59W#PHG7560/W2,
                                            KSn, Emporia WX0U jbelford@...
                                            2013-04-25T01:39:54
                                            EMPRIA>APN382,KC0WNY-1*,qAR,KC0U-1:!3823.15NS09610.59W#PHG7560/W2,
                                            KSn, Emporia WX0U jbelford@...
                                            2013-04-25T02:07:07
                                            W0KCN-4>APU25N,LAW*,EMPRIA*,KC0WNY-1*,qAR,KC0U-1:=3922.25N/09446.81WoPlatte
                                            Co EOC rosmith1@... {UIV32}
                                            2013-04-25T02:09:52
                                            EMPRIA>APN382,KC0WNY-1*,qAR,KC0U-1:!3823.15NS09610.59W#PHG7560/W2,
                                            KSn, Emporia WX0U jbelford@...
                                            2013-04-25T02:39:53
                                            EMPRIA>APN382,KC0WNY-1*,qAR,KC0U-1:!3823.15NS09610.59W#PHG7560/W2,
                                            KSn, Emporia WX0U jbelford@...
                                            2013-04-25T02:45:50
                                            K0KU>BEACON,AUBURN*,WIDE1*,LAW*,EMPRIA*,KC0WNY-1*,qAR,KC0U-1:;146.76-KS*111111z3857.
                                            N/09515. WrT088 R30m Net Tu8pm
                                            2013-04-25T03:10:04
                                            EMPRIA>APN382,KC0WNY-1*,qAR,KC0U-1:!3823.15NS09610.59W#PHG7560/W2,
                                            KSn, Emporia WX0U jbelford@...

                                            You can hear the EMPRIA digipeater at least.

                                            Oh yeah, I forgot to give you yet another way to observe whether your
                                            station is digipeating. On the TM-D710 you can pull up a list of
                                            stations heard. Do so, and then go into the details for a station.
                                            Press the right arrow button to get to the last page of details, and
                                            then press the PATH button to see the first and last digipeater to
                                            handle the packet. You should be able to find your digipeater on that
                                            page for any station handled by your station. If you press the upper
                                            left button while on that page, you will see the digipeaters handling
                                            the last heard packet as they come in. You would be able to see your
                                            digipeater handling the packets from EMPRIA this way.

                                          • Teddy Banks

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Apr 24, 2013
                                                Should this work for any station or Digi? I put in K4RJJ-7 and see no
                                                traffic.

                                                Message 23 of 24 , Apr 25, 2013
                                                  On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...> wrote:

                                                  > Should this work for any station or Digi? I put in K4RJJ-7 and see no
                                                  > traffic.

                                                  It depends on what "this" is...

                                                  Are you talking about requesting a page from Lynn's server like this:

                                                  http://ldeffenb.dnsalias.net:3000/catchall?FormName=rfTRAFFIC&Action=Display&IGates=K4RJJ-7

                                                  You won't get any data for K4RJJ-7 because that appears to be a
                                                  Kantronics TNC running as a stand alone digipeater.

                                                  As per my description in the previous email:

                                                  > KC0U-1 is running
                                                  > APRSISCE/32, an application that sends an unfiltered stream back home
                                                  > to it's master as well as feeding the normal filtered stream to the
                                                  > APRS-IS. This unfiltered stream allows us a peek into the real APRS
                                                  > network operations.

                                                  Only stations running APRSISCE/32 will provide data to Lynn's server
                                                  from which he can build these detailed reports. Stations not reporting
                                                  information to Lynn will not be able to have reports generated.

                                                • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Apr 25, 2013
                                                    On 4/25/2013 9:10 AM, James Ewen wrote:
                                                    > On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Ronny Julian <k4rjjradio@...> wrote:
                                                    >
                                                    >> Should this work for any station or Digi? I put in K4RJJ-7 and see no
                                                    >> traffic.
                                                    > It depends on what "this" is...
                                                    >
                                                    > Are you talking about requesting a page from Lynn's server like this:
                                                    >
                                                    > http://ldeffenb.dnsalias.net:3000/catchall?FormName=rfTRAFFIC&Action=Display&IGates=K4RJJ-7
                                                    >
                                                    > You won't get any data for K4RJJ-7 because that appears to be a
                                                    > Kantronics TNC running as a stand alone digipeater.

                                                    Not to mention, my RFTraffic form only has access to the non-filtered RF
                                                    feeds from APRSISCE/32 IGates, not the APRS-IS feed in general.