Firmware build 53849

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2006
      More changes...

      LIST has been changed to DISPLAY for consistency with the KPC-3

      HEADERLN will split the MONITOR text between two lines

      RETRIES sets the number of times to resend APRS messages

      RETRYTIME sets the time between messages. Actually, the first message is
      send immediately. Subsequent messages are sent at multiples of the
      specified interval. By default it's set to 7. The delay will be 7 seconds,
      then 14, then 21, etc.

      CTRL-X erases all text on the current line

      Incoming messages and acks to outgoing messages are displayed in console
      mode, separate from the MONITOR output.

      RING causes a 'bell' character to be sent with each incoming message.

      ? and K are now abbreviations for HELP and CONVERSE respectively.

      WPTLEN sets the waypoint name truncation length. Default is 9, range is 6
      to 9.

      There are some other minor tweaks to the console that make it a little more
      consistent in how it displays linefeeds.

      A complete reload would be a good idea - at the very least, make sure you
      set RETRIES, RETRYTIME, and WPTLEN.

      Scott
    • Jason Winningham
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2006
        On May 2, 2006, at 12:20 AM, <scott@...>
        <scott@...> wrote:

        > CTRL-X erases all text on the current line

        the standard for this one is ^U, isn't it?

        that's what still works on unix, and what i vaguely remember from
        vaxen days, anyway...

        -Jason
        kg4wsv
      • scott@opentrac.org
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2006
          Ctrl-X is what I learned in my BBS days, and I think it's the default on the
          KPC-3.

        • Curt, WE7U
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2006
            On Tue, 2 May 2006, Jason Winningham wrote:

            > On May 2, 2006, at 12:20 AM, <scott@...>
            > <scott@...> wrote:
            >

            > > CTRL-X erases all text on the current line
            >
            > the standard for this one is ^U, isn't it?
            >
            > that's what still works on unix, and what i vaguely remember from
            > vaxen days, anyway...

            Yes. Control-U. I use it all the time.