Firmware update 5-1-06

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      SEND command with no parameters will now show if you have an outgoing
      message pending.

      DEVLIST command now works properly if there's nothing connected to the
      1-wire bus.

      CALIBRATE now has a [T]une option. Set the LOOP jumper, run CAL T and
      adjust the TUNE pot to center the marker.

      There's a bias in the ratio measurement function that I'm not sure I'm
      properly compensating for. I zeroed it by running CAL A to generate an
      alternating tone signal and adjusting the TUNE put for a 50% duty cycle at
      pin 7 of U1 (as measured by my multimeter) and hard coding that as the
      offset. If you've got a multimeter that shows duty cycle, try it out and
      let me know if it matches up on your unit.

      cmd:cal t
      [L]ow [H]igh [A]lternating [P]acket [T]une
      cmd:cal t
      [L]ow [H]igh [A]lternating [P]acket [T]une

      Now that I've got some tuning feedback, I'm going to pick up some more dry
      ice and compare low-temperature performance between the normal beta kit and
      one built with C0G capacitors and metal film resistors.

      Incidentally, 50% duty cycle comes out to almost exactly straight up and
      down on the tune pot for my test unit - the factory default.