Nuvi 350 and 010-10813-00 Garmin Cable

  • gkremzier
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 4, 2008
      I have purchased the cable and an Open tracker Ot2m. I have not
      received either. Does the garmin cable have the DB-9 conector on it?
      The Garmin site does not have a picture. If the connector is on the
      cable, is it wired properly so it is plug and play with the tracker?
      If it needs to be rewired what is the correct wiring. I have seen
      conflicting wiring between the yellow and white wires. One post says
      white is pin 2 and the other says pin 3.
    • Keri Morgret
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 4, 2008
        Scott will likely respond soon, but wanted to let you know he was out of the country for about a week, so that is likely why you had not received your order.

        Keri Morgret
        N6TME

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 4, 2008
          OT2m orders are currently on hold, pending delivery of enclosures.

          If you ordered the cable from the argentdata.com store and selected the
          DB9 option, it'll have a DB9. Otherwise you get bare wires. For the
          OT2m, yellow goes to pin 2. For the T2-135, yellow goes to pin 3.

          Scott

          gkremzier wrote:

          > I have purchased the cable and an Open tracker Ot2m. I have not
          > received either. Does the garmin cable have the DB-9 conector on it?
          > The Garmin site does not have a picture. If the connector is on the
          > cable, is it wired properly so it is plug and play with the tracker?
          > If it needs to be rewired what is the correct wiring. I have seen
          > conflicting wiring between the yellow and white wires. One post says
          > white is pin 2 and the other says pin 3.

        • Eugene Kremzier
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 4, 2008

            Scott:

                 I purchased the cable from Garmin not from Argent so if you would please try your answer again.  Sorry I was not clear enough in my original question.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 4, 2008
              Ok, if you got it from Garmin then it's just stripped and tinned wires.
              For the OT2m, it should be wired:

              2 - Yellow
              3 - White
              5 - Black

              Scott

              Eugene Kremzier wrote:

              > Scott:
              >

              > I purchased the cable from Garmin not from Argent so if you would
              > please try your answer again. Sorry I was not clear enough in my
              > original question.

            • Garrett Sloan
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 4, 2008

                > OT2m orders are currently on hold, pending delivery of enclosures.

                Scott, do you have any idea on the ETA of the enclosures?

                I have a order I'm waiting on placing as I noticed that the OT2m, the
                Garmin mini-B cables and the anderson powepole connectors are all
                listed as out of stock. Doh!

                Garrett
                VE6RKY
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 4, 2008
                  The manufacturer was supposed to get back to me yesterday with an
                  updated delivery date. I'll follow up on Monday. This batch is being
                  made by the same company that makes Elecraft's enclosures - the previous
                  batches have been by Ten-Tec.

                  The mini-B cables are back in stock, and I just updated the website.
                  Powerpoles should be in stock too.

                  Scott