Re: [tracker2] Tracker t2 will not digi

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2008
      Patrick KB5YSC wrote...

      > I tried, some of the commands you said in my t2, still it does not
      > digi any of the stations that it hears.

      None of my suggestions would make it digipeat anything or make it stop
      digipeat anything. They were suggestions about beacon comment / status
      text and how often to send its own beacon. The comment about HOPLIMIT
      was just about limiting stations you were digipeating to two hops
      instead of three... if that is suitable for your location.

      > CAN YOU SEND ME YOUR TEXT FILE OF YOUR T2 TNC,
      > SO I CAN COMPARE IT TO MINE. i JUST DON'T GET IT WHY
      > MINE DOES NOT WORK.

      You didn't comment about whether you are actually decoding received
      beacons. Have you connected a terminal program to see if it actually is
      decoding anything at all? Maybe it isn't.

      I didn't have my T2-135 set up as a digi at the moment, but I just
      reconfigured it as such and I'll send you the file. To tell you the
      truth, you settings should "just work" so it's really a make work
      project. I know that my T2-135 will act as a digipeater when
      programmed as that because I have used it in that configuration
      in the past. The real issue is why yours isn't digipeating.

      www.db0anf.de/app/aprs/stations/digiusers-KD5QZD-4

      OK... with KD5QZD-4 entered as the MYCALL, it has digipeated at
      least one station that was subsequently gated. To keep it proper, it had
      my callsign in the beacon comment. I'll remove my callsign from the
      beacon comment and save the settings as a file and will send them
      to you shortly.

      But... see above and my previous post. Prove that you are actually able
      to decode received packets.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH