Re: [tracker2] Traker2 not decoding all of a sudden

  • paul sinclair
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2, 2008
      Right, well, after some more testing, the thing just isn't decoding traffic correctly at all.. And this is just all of a sudden, although this is the first install really of the device, it preformed fairly well the few times i used it before, and ideas as to the problem? could it be the capacitor thing? if so, im stuck, because i need it for this weekend. unless a normal capacitor can be somehow soldered where the smt should be, but i haven't ventured inside the device, so i don't know.

      73, Paul.

      On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 6:10 PM, paul sinclair <paul@...> wrote:
      just to update, i changed rigs, to a commercial channelized, ftl-2011. after some difficulty, it magiaclly started decoding again. I cant really explain it. Im presuming its somthing do do wuth the audio between the rig and the tracker. But im gonna test it fulling tonight, it was near 1am when i got it working last night. Also, i was using UI-View, which from time to time would show that it has recieved an ack, but didnt actually tell me in the GUI that ithe message had gone through, yet, it shows clearlyy how it had recieved it in the console!

      ill do some more testing tonight, and see what i can do.

      73 all,
      Paul EI5GTB

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 4, 2008
        The RX light will flash when it hears data, even if it doesn't manage to
        decode a packet. You can use the INFO command to see if it got an error
        - the FCS counter will increment.

        Scott

        paul sinclair wrote:

        > Hi all, Hot my tracker set up and running, until the dogy radio i was
        > using packed in. I am not using an alinco dr-112. when a packet goes
        > through the air, the rx light flashes, but nothing is actually received
        > by software, any ideas?
        >
        > Cheers,
        > 73, Paul EI5GTB

      • paul sinclair
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 4, 2008
          after alot more footering, i took out the tnc from the gateway, and took a listen, im actually using the open tracker at the minute as a kiss tnc. Just to get me away until i get another tracker2 or whatever. Long story short, when i connect it up ti the otwconfig.exe and hit the ptt, i get a 50hz hum on tha aydio, and if i read correctly, when i dont have the proper capacitor in my tracker 2 it wont like that, so im going to try and get rid of the hum this evening, and see what happens!

          73,
          Paul.

          paul sinclair wrote:

          > Hi all, Hot my tracker set up and running, until the dogy radio i was
          > using packed in. I am not using an alinco dr-112. when a packet goes
          > through the air, the rx light flashes, but nothing is actually received
          > by software, any ideas?
          >
          > Cheers,
          > 73, Paul EI5GTB

        • paul sinclair
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 4, 2008
            Right, after sorting the noise on the gateways tx, the tracker2 started to decode good. And then all of a sudden, (after turning the atv off and coming back after dinner) it wasn't working. So i don't really know whats wrong, if i recorded a few minutes of packet traffic from my 2 transmitters, could someone test it to se is it just my tracker2, or opentracker+ i am using as a tnc. I would upgrade the opentracker in the gateway to an ot2, but moneys a bit tight, im upgrading my hf tranciever. So im hoping its not the problem.

            i used the info command, and the fcs was showing like 14 and more from time to time, so its getting allot of errors. I might send it back to you to get this capacitor changed, but im not sure thats the problem.

            Cheers,
            73, Paul. EI5GTB