Re: [tracker2] T2-135 fails to decode traffic

    Message 1 of 30 , Jul 2, 2008
      Straight from the CD player should be fine.

      Scott

      P. Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:

      > Great! thanks.
      >
      > Now the next question, how you feed the audio? Say from a CD-player, do
      > I feed directly to the board? (i.e. set to 1V p-p, and inject at PIN#2
      > on the CN1 jumper cable from DR-135 to T2-135 board).
      >
      > The way I do right now is I feed from the cd-player to a yaesu VX-5r,
      > let it TX until it times out, and have the T2-135 hears the traffic off
      > the air (on a separate quiet frequency). Then I compare the received
      > packets with a TH-D7A that monitors on the same frequency.
      >
      > The result. While repairing the 2 deaf boards, I noticed the most
      > improvement was after reflowing C5 and R5.
      >
      > Paulus - N5SNN / YD0NXX
      >
      > --- On Wed, 7/2/08, Scott Miller <scott@...
      > <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>> wrote:
      >
      > > From: Scott Miller <scott@... <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>>
      > > Subject: Re: [tracker2] T2-135 fails to decode traffic
      > > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
      > > Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 10:22 AM
      > > It should be the first track, 144.39 traffic, off the air,
      > > no de-emphasis.
      > >
      > > Scott
      > >
      > > P. Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:
      > > >

      > > > --- On *Sun, 6/8/08, Scott Miller
      > > /<scott@... <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>>/* wrote:
      > > >

      > > > I just finished testing another one of my rejects.
      > > It started with 60
      > > > packets decoded in 6 minutes on the TNC test CD.
      > > >
      > > > Scott, I just downloaded the TNC test CD .cif image
      > > file, and opened
      > > > under Easy CD Creator to burn it to a disc. Now which
      > > specific track
      > > > that you used for the the above test?
      > > > I want to run on my defective board to set the
      > > baseline. Today I
      > > > received another defective board, so I have 2 boards
      > > to work on to fill
      > > > my vacation time ;)
      > > >

      > > > 73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX
      > > >

      > > ------------------------------------

    • vk2int
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 2, 2008
        Scott,
        Same problem here. The I-gate using one of these boards has not
        performed as expected. This morning it failed to decode any of the
        traffic I could see on the S meter for a period so I swapped the T2-
        135 with another and all seems ok at the moment.
        From the posts reflowing the solder joints seems to correct the
        problem or have you narrowed it to a specific component?
        Mike, VK2INT.

        > After hearing a couple of reports like this, I've started running
        longer
        > tests on the T2-135's before shipping. Out of the last batch,
        about 1
        > in 10 seemed to be missing too many packets. I haven't had a
        chance to
        > get solid numbers yet, though - I just set those side for further
        > testing. I can spend some time on that today; if I can get one
        with
        > measurably bad performance, I'll start swapping out parts and find
        out
        > if the contract manufacturer got some parts mixed up or something.
        >
        > The T2-135 doesn't have the OT2m's input filter, so whatever it is,
        it's
        > got to be unrelated to that problem.
        >
        > One other thing - are you running a GPS at the same time, and on
        which
        > port? With the way the DR-135T gets crosstalk from the GPS data
        into
        > the speaker, I worry that maybe it's got crosstalk elsewhere, too.
        >
        > Scott

      • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 2, 2008
          From fixing the 2 bad boards recently, I would try first to reflow R5 and C5. Then you might gain more by reflowing parts around the 2211 decoder chip.