Tracker2 and Linux and Nuvi 350

  • Jim Tolbert
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2008
      This is probably a better question for a Linux form, but this is much
      more friendly group -- Thanx, All!!

      I can run otwincfg.exe under "Wine" ( thanks Keith VE7GDH) and I can
      send commands to eh T2-135 from by nuvi 350. The problem is that I have
      been unable to get minicom to communicate with it lately. It did work a
      few weeks ago, but now I am stuck. Immediately, I want to send a
      Display command to see exactly were all my setting are <grin>.

      Many thanx............... jt

      --
      Jim Tolbert
      RiverRidge Consulting, LLC

      715-866-4398 home office

      RiverRidge@...
    • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 2, 2008
        Is the port on the T2-135 set to AUTO?
        do you use a straight serial cable?
        then open minicom, set to 4800, then press enter several time, and you should get the cmd: prompt.

        73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

        > This is probably a better question for a Linux form, but
        > this is much
        > more friendly group -- Thanx, All!!
        >
        > I can run otwincfg.exe under "Wine" ( thanks
        > Keith VE7GDH) and I can
        > send commands to eh T2-135 from by nuvi 350. The problem
        > is that I have
        > been unable to get minicom to communicate with it lately.
        > It did work a
        > few weeks ago, but now I am stuck. Immediately, I want to
        > send a
        > Display command to see exactly were all my setting are
        > <grin>.
        >
        > Many thanx............... jt
        >
        > --
        > Jim Tolbert
        > RiverRidge Consulting, LLC
        > PO Box 536
        > Webster, WI 54893
        >
        > 715-866-4398 home office
        >
        > RiverRidge@...

      • Jim Tolbert
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2008
          Ahhh... the light comes on.   I have the port set to Garmin as I am using the nuvi 350 when in the car.  I guess to access via the laptop, I should open otwincfg and change the port to auto.  That probably also explains the lack of apparent communication I am having between the radio/T2-135 and XASTIR running on the laptop.  Since I can only connect either the laptop or the nuvi, I will need to switch back and forth.  Is that something I can do with the profiles?

          Many thanks.......... jt

          P. Suryono Adisoemarta wrote:

          Is the port on the T2-135 set to AUTO?
          do you use a straight serial cable?
          then open minicom, set to 4800, then press enter several time, and you should get the cmd: prompt.

          73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

          > This is probably a better question for a Linux form, but
          > this is much
          > more friendly group -- Thanx, All!!
          >
          > I can run otwincfg.exe under "Wine" ( thanks
          > Keith VE7GDH) and I can
          > send commands to eh T2-135 from by nuvi 350. The problem
          > is that I have
          > been unable to get minicom to communicate with it lately.
          > It did work a
          > few weeks ago, but now I am stuck. Immediately, I want to
          > send a
          > Display command to see exactly were all my setting are
          > <grin>.
          >
          > Many thanx....... ........ jt
          >
          > --
          > Jim Tolbert