digipeater

  • jelee0871
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
      Do I have to have a computer connecter to tracker2 in order to run as
      a fillin digi...have been running UIView32 but need to close down
      computer for while...also how to check if it is digipeating...had my
      opentracker in my car in driveway house tracker heard it but did not
      appear to repeat it to anyone...Joe
    • Brent Gay
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
        No, you only need the PC to configure it. You can hook a PC up to it while it is digipeating to monitor what it is doing.

        Brent, KF4JZY

        On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 2:50 PM, jelee0871 <jelee0871@...> wrote:

        Do I have to have a computer connecter to tracker2 in order to run as
        a fillin digi...have been running UIView32 but need to close down
        computer for while...also how to check if it is digipeating...had my
        opentracker in my car in driveway house tracker heard it but did not
        appear to repeat it to anyone...Joe

      • Bob Paton - VK2MRP
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008

          Just wondering if anyone has written up a “dummies” guide for setting up a digipeater using a t2-135?? I would like to setup a fill-in digi (wide1-1), I had been using my computer to do this but need it now to run without a computer.

          Cheers,

          Bob

        • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
            Hi Bob,

            Here is my check list when setting up a new board on a new radio:
            - install the board
            - turn on the radio and set squelch to 0 (press SQL and the rotate knob CCW to 0, press SQL again)
            - launch otwincfg.exe, select COM port, press OK
            - turn on the board (F then SQL)
            - then, on otwincfg:
              * set callsign with SSID
              * set path
              * set interval to 300
              * set position
              * disable position out
              * set TX level to 2/3rd position
              * set TX delay tot 160
              * press Digi Config:
                = replace RELAY with my SS code, check on ID, and Enabled, and limit 2
                = on WIDE, check on ID and Enabled, set limit to 2
                = click ok
              * click Write
              * click OK
            then launch Tera Term Pro (or Hyperterminal), press Enter 3x to get the CMD: prompt,
            and type
            auth +your_callsign

            Exit the terminal program, and that's it. Your digi is ready.

            hope that helps,

            73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
              Would this be for a fill-in or a high-level digi. I am setting
              one of these up as the closest digi to the igate.

              Thanks

              Rod - N8QVR

              --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "P. Suryono Adisoemarta"
              <yono_adisoemarta@...> wrote:

              > Hi Bob,
              >
              > Here is my check list when setting up a new board on a new radio:
              > - install the board
              > - turn on the radio and set squelch to 0 (press SQL and the rotate
              knob CCW to 0, press SQL again)
              > - launch otwincfg.exe, select COM port, press OK
              > - turn on the board (F then SQL)
              > - then, on otwincfg:
              >   * set callsign with SSID
              >   * set path
              >   * set interval to 300
              >   * set position
              >   * disable position out
              >   * set TX level to 2/3rd position
              >   * set TX delay tot 160
              >   * press Digi Config:
              >     = replace RELAY with my SS code, check on ID, and Enabled, and
              limit 2
              >     = on WIDE, check on ID and Enabled, set limit to 2
              >     = click ok
              >   * click Write
              >   * click OK
              > then launch Tera Term Pro (or Hyperterminal), press Enter 3x to get
              the CMD: prompt,
              > and type
              > auth +your_callsign
              >
              > Exit the terminal program, and that's it. Your digi is ready.
              >

              > hope that helps,
              >
              > 73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX

            • Cap
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 5, 2008
                That setup would be for a needed full-service high-level network digi,
                showing a "S-overlay" character on it's digi star map symbol.

                Fill-in digis do not operate packets addressed via any "SS"n-N aliases
                nor any other aliases _except_ for WIDE1-1 (specifically).

                Oh, and maybe TEMPn-N too. hi hi
                http://www.aprs.org/newN/WIDE1-1settings.txt
                73, Cap KE6AFE