Re: New firmware

  • pgardella
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 22, 2006
      Scott,

      I was playing around with the email function this AM, and it looks
      like the OT2 just keeps sending the email, even after it's been
      digipeated. I pull the plug after I see it send several times, so I
      don't fill the air with useless packets.

      Is this normal behavior?

      The mail does get thru:
      Message received by MacAPRS IGate station WU2Z
      Located in NO BRUNSWICK, NJ
      APRS path = N3EO-2>APOT2A,W3GXT-2*,WIDE2-1,qAo,KB3NEU-1

      Trace:

      cmd:send email pgardella@... Testing email
      SEND email
      cmd:
      WA3MEZ>APU25N,N3KTX-1*,WB4APR-1*,N3KTX-7*,WIDE3-1:}N3DOU-1>APU25N,TCPIP,WA3MEZ*:
      @221529z3921.56N/07603.60W_193/001g003t056r001p023P013b10176h99/

      N3EO-2>APOT2A,WIDE2-1::EMAIL :pgardella@... Testing email{aa

      N3EO-2>APOT2A,WIDE2-1::EMAIL :pgardella@... Testing email{aa

      W6LMJ-9>S8TX2Q,N3HU*,QRT*:`h[gl@ov/]"3r}

      N7LGK-1>APW282,N3KTX-1*,WIDE2*:=3910.33N/07703.21W-PHG2130/WinAPRS
      2.8.2 -MDMONB
      ROOKEVI-282-<630>

      N7LGK-1>APW282,N3KTX-1*,WIDE2*:=3910.33N/07703.21W-PHG2130/WinAPRS
      2.8.2 -MDMONB
      ROOKEVI-282-<630>

      W8CUL-11>GPSC47,WIDE2-1:$GPGGA,153017.00,4006.2908,N,07926.7638,W,1,07,1.13,2410
      2,M,-033,M,,*52: ID: MORGANTOWN, WV -- AVIATION DAY DATA: 895,
      3457, 4021, 26
      32, 26, -15, 10997, 18084,113012, 24102, 224

      W8CUL-11>GPSC47,WIDE2-1:$GPGGA,153017.00,4006.2908,N,07926.7638,W,1,07,1.13,2410
      2,M,-033,M,,*52: ID: MORGANTOWN, WV -- AVIATION DAY DATA: 895,
      3457, 4021, 26
      32, 26, -15, 10997, 18084,113012, 24102, 224

      N3EO-2>APOT2A,WIDE2-1:!3902.72N/07626.84W- 13.6V 25CTesting an OT2

      N3EO-2>APOT2A,WIDE2-1:!3902.72N/07626.84W- 13.6V 25CTesting an OT2

      W8CUL-11>GPSC47,KB3NEU-1*,N3KTX-7*,WIDE2*:$GPGGA,153017.00,4006.2908,N,07926.763
      8,W,1,07,1.13,24102,M,-033,M,,*52: ID: MORGANTOWN, WV -- AVIATION DAY
      DATA: 8
      95, 3457, 4021, 2632, 26, -15, 10997, 18084,113012, 24102, 224

      N3EO-2>APOT2A,WIDE2-1::EMAIL :pgardella@... Testing email{aa

      N3EO-2>APOT2A,WIDE2-1::EMAIL :pgardella@... Testing email{aa

      N3EO-2>APOT2A,N3KTX-7*,WIDE2*::EMAIL :pgardella@... Testing
      email{aa

      AI3L-8>SYQU4R,WIDE2-1:'h9]l"Bs/]

      AI3L-8>SYQU4R,WIDE2-1:'h9]l"Bs/]

      AI3L-8>SYQU4R,WB4APR-1*,N3KTX-7*,WIDE2*:'h9]l"Bs/]

      AI3L-8>SYQU4R,KB3NEU-1*,N3KTX-7*,WIDE2*:'h9]l"Bs/]

      W8V-11>GPSC47,N3HU*,QRT*:$GPGGA,153041.00,4006.3369,N,07926.7683,W,1,08,0.90,242
      00,M,-033,M,,*59: ID: 73 FROM AVIATION DAYS MORGANTOWN DATA: 903,
      3547, 2695, 4
      095, 495, 1401, 0, 0, 0, 17, -16, 9652, 20764,112451, 24200, 224

      N3EO-2>APOT2A,WB4APR-1*,N3KTX-7*,WIDE2*::EMAIL :pgardella@...
      Testing email{aa

      N3EO-2>APOT2A,N3HU*,QRT*::EMAIL :pgardella@... Testing email{aa

      K0MRC-14>SY0Q5Y,N3KTX-7*,WIDE2*:`hYMl 8u/]"4+}doing it to ft. dix, nj

      W6LMJ-9>S8TW7U,N3KTX-7*,WIDE1*,WIDE2-2:`h[xo^"v/]"3r}

      W6LMJ-9>S8TW7U,N3HU*,QRT*:`h[xo^"v/]"3r}

      W8CUL-11>GPSC47,WIDE2-1:$GPGGA,153107.00,4006.4049,N,07926.7538,W,1,08,0.90,2430
      3,M,-033,M,,*5D: ID: MORGANTOWN, WV -- AVIATION DAY DATA: 900,
      3451, 4009, 26
      30, 14, -18, 10654, 18125,113102, 24303, 224

    • scott@opentrac.org
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 26, 2006
        > I was playing around with the email function this AM, and it looks
        > like the OT2 just keeps sending the email, even after it's been
        > digipeated. I pull the plug after I see it send several times, so I
        > don't fill the air with useless packets.

        Did you get an ACK from the email server? You should actually get both an
        ACK and a message stating that it was delivered OK. If you didn't get
        anything, perhaps it's because the Igate isn't gating the ACK back to you,
        or maybe it's not gating with a sufficient path to reach you. You can check
        on FindU under 'messages' for your station and see if anything was sent
        back.

        > Is this normal behavior?

        It'll retry 6 times or until it gets an ACK.

        Scott
      • scott@opentrac.org
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 27, 2006
          Build 53845 has been posted. Changes:

          All configuration commands should now show their current settings if no
          parameter is specified. Example:

          cmd:mycall
          MYCALL N1VG-6

          PATH, VERSION, and LIST commands added. Setting path to '-' (or any other
          single-character value) clears it. LIST shows the current values of all
          (implemented) configuration parameters.

          Remote commands are now preceeded with CMD instead of SET. SET didn't make
          much sense for things like VERSION. Also, remote commands now send

        • Jason Rausch
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 27, 2006
            Scott, I could have sworn after I loaded this new FW
            the name "Kantronics" hovered in the air over the OT2
            board for a moment ;o)

            Awesome job! Man, this thing is working great. I
            have had mine sitting on the kitchen table with a
            Motorola HT digi'ing for about two days now. Not a
            single hangup yet.

            Jason KE4NYV
            RPC Electronics
            www.rpc-electronics.com

            --- scott@... wrote:

            > Build 53845 has been posted. Changes:
            >
            > All configuration commands should now show their
            > current settings if no
            > parameter is specified. Example:
            >
            > cmd:mycall
            > MYCALL N1VG-6
            >
            > PATH, VERSION, and LIST commands added. Setting
            > path to '-' (or any other
            > single-character value) clears it. LIST shows the
            > current values of all
            > (implemented) configuration parameters.
            >
            > Remote commands are now preceeded with CMD instead
            > of SET. SET didn't make
            > much sense for things like VERSION. Also, remote
            > commands now send

          • Jason Rausch
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 28, 2006
              A couple of questions came to mind when looking
              through the command set.

              1. What are the chances of having a ABAUD to support
              different baud rates? I would say that 1200 2400,
              4800 and 9600 would be the only reasonables ones. I
              think you see where I'm going with this. If I could
              use 4800 baud, I could test the HamHUD with parsing
              the packets.

              2. How about a CONVERSE mode? I know that when you
              send a "$" you can put it in a sort of one-way
              converse mode, but what about sending a constructed
              packet to the serial port for TX? The standard seems
              to be "CONV".

              Jason KE4NYV
              RPC Electronics
              www.rpc-electronics.com
            • scott@opentrac.org
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 28, 2006
                Ah, what the heck.. I'm bored today.

                New firmware's up, CONVERSE is implemented, or at least my first pass at it.
                Biggest known flaw is that it'll hang while it's waiting for the channel to
                be clear, and if the watchdog timer times out while it's waiting, it'll
                reset. That takes about 3 or 4 seconds. Also, the receive side still
                relies on MONITOR being on.

                SLOT command is also implemented. That sets the timeslot. I was going to
                combine it with the TIMESLOT command, but I left that in as an on/off, so
                you could disable timeslotting without losing the slot you had set. Hmm,
                maybe I'll add support for centrally assigned timeslots... that might be
                useful for some events.

                Scott

              • scott@opentrac.org
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 28, 2006
                  Oh yeah, on the baud rate thing.. haven't tackled that yet because of the
                  need for a little more impact analysis. With profile switching especially
                  it takes close attention to what's going on with hardware registers.

                  Gotta find that autobaud algorithm again...

                  Scott

                • Wes johnston
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 29, 2006
                    Jeez, if yer bored, why not one wire weather?

                    I'm off to a SCSG dog and pony show.
                    Wes
                    New firmware's up, CONVERSE is implemented, or at least my first pass at it.
                    Biggest known flaw is that it'll hang while it's waiting for the channel to
                    be clear, and if the watchdog timer times out while it's waiting, it'll
                    reset.  That takes about 3 or 4 seconds.  Also, the receive side still
                    relies on MONITOR being on.

                    SLOT command is also implemented.  That sets the timeslot.  I was going to
                    combine it with the TIMESLOT command, but I left that in as an on/off, so
                    you could disable timeslotting without losing the slot you had set.  Hmm,
                    maybe I'll add support for centrally assigned timeslots... that might be
                    useful for some events.

                    Scott

                  • Jon
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 29, 2006
                      Apologies,

                      I'm a bit slow catching up,

                      Converse is cool.

                      Has it stopped showing the packets it is digipeating?

                      Any chance you could put the commands in alphabetical
                      order? i.e. when a list is done.. it makes it easier
                      to find the settings.

                      I tried kiss mode with digipeat on and it seems to be
                      working fine so maybe I was just talking rubbish
                      before (couldn't do kiss and digipeat).

                      It doesn't seem to be responding to commands in kiss
                      mode though it is digipeating them

                      Regards
                      de John
                      EI7IG

                    • Jon
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 30, 2006
                        Just an idea for a feature;

                        UI-DIGI style beacons, that can can have different
                        paths... say one ever 10 mins with no path, one every
                        20 mins with WIDE2-1 and one every 30 mins with
                        WIDE2-2.

                        Regards
                        John

                        NEW - Yahoo! 360 – Your one place to blog, create, publish and share! http://uk.360.yahoo.com
                      • scott@opentrac.org
                        Message 11 of 14 , May 3, 2006
                          > Has it stopped showing the packets it is digipeating?

                          It should show everything as long as MONITOR is enabled.

                          > Any chance you could put the commands in alphabetical
                          > order? i.e. when a list is done.. it makes it easier
                          > to find the settings.

                          Done.

                          > It doesn't seem to be responding to commands in kiss
                          > mode though it is digipeating them

                          Hmm, that'd be because it doesn't pass packets to the APRS parser in KISS
                          mode. I'm going to have to reconsider how I handle that. I think I can
                          just suppress the waypoint output instead. When I set it up, there WAS no
                          other output besides the waypoints, so it wasn't an issue.

                          Scott
                        • Jon
                          Message 12 of 14 , May 4, 2006

                            > It should show everything as long as MONITOR is
                            > enabled.
                            I'll check again over the weekend, but it seemed to be
                            showing all other packets on the air except what it
                            was digipeating.

                            > > Any chance you could put the commands in
                            > alphabetical
                            > > order? i.e. when a list is done.. it makes it
                            > easier
                            > > to find the settings.
                            >
                            > Done.
                            Cheers

                            > > It doesn't seem to be responding to commands in
                            > kiss
                            > > mode though it is digipeating them
                            >
                            > Hmm, that'd be because it doesn't pass packets to
                            > the APRS parser in KISS
                            > mode. I'm going to have to reconsider how I handle
                            > that. I think I can
                            > just suppress the waypoint output instead. When I
                            > set it up, there WAS no
                            > other output besides the waypoints, so it wasn't an
                            > issue.
                            I was just wondering if it was a bug or a feature :).
                            If its a feature, then thats fine.

                            John