Scripting problem

  • Tom Twist
    Message 1 of 28 , Jun 3, 2008

      I tried this script with Build 54618:

      On Startup
      PrintA "\r\nHi there!\r\n"
      End Block
      On Second
      Increment Counter 1
      End Block
      If Counter 1 = 5
      Set Counter 1 = 0
      PrintA "Hello Cruel World!\r\n"
      PrintB "Hello Cruel World!\r\n"
      End Block

      It prints to port A at startup, and then there is output every 5 s on port
      A,
      but noting on B. Both are 9600 and AUTO.

      After a while it seems to reset, and keep sending "Hi there!" on port A

      Tom
      --
      Email: tom@... (ttwist@..., lb8x@...)
      Phone: +47 21688655/90662366, Ham call sign: LB8X
      Message 2 of 28 , Jun 3, 2008
        Is it resetting the whole thing, or just the script engine? If you're
        at the command prompt, does it kick you out so that you get the banner
        again?

        I'll check on the port B thing.

        Did you notice the button to show the code listing in a form that can be
        copied and pasted?

        Scott

        Message 3 of 28 , Jun 3, 2008
          Found the port B problem - I never implemented that opcode! I've
          updated the ot2-beta.s19 firmware file.

          Testing now to see if I can duplicate the reset.

          Scott

          Scott Miller wrote:
          > Is it resetting the whole thing, or just the script engine? If you're
          > at the command prompt, does it kick you out so that you get the banner
          > again?
          >
          > I'll check on the port B thing.
          >
          > Did you notice the button to show the code listing in a form that can be
          > copied and pasted?
          >
          > Scott
          >
          > Tom Twist wrote:
          >> Scott
          >>
          >> I tried this script with Build 54618:
          >>
          >> On Startup
          >> PrintA "\r\nHi there!\r\n"
          >> End Block
          >> On Second
          >> Increment Counter 1
          >> End Block
          >> If Counter 1 = 5
          >> Set Counter 1 = 0
          >> PrintA "Hello Cruel World!\r\n"
          >> PrintB "Hello Cruel World!\r\n"
          >> End Block
          >>
          >> It prints to port A at startup, and then there is output every 5 s on port
          >> A,
          >> but noting on B. Both are 9600 and AUTO.
          >>
          >> After a while it seems to reset, and keep sending "Hi there!" on port A
          >>
          >> Tom

        • Fred Hillhouse
          Message 4 of 28 , Jun 3, 2008
            Greetings,

            I kept hearing about an audio CD and found it on the web site. It is
            currently downloading well it was when I started this email. :)

            Would I be correct in thinking that it will work on all TNCs? I am trying to
            figure out why I get no data through a TNC. (It is not a Tracker2!)

            How are people connecting to the TNC? I was thinking I could connect the
            Audio Out (headphone jack) of the CD player and feed the Audio In of the
            TNC. Any issues with that?

            I understand not all of the tracks are playable in the CD player.

            I hope to rule out the TNC. If the data gets through it, I can then focus on
            the radio.

            Thank you!

            Best regards,
            Fred
            Message 5 of 28 , Jun 3, 2008
              The audio out from a CD player works just fine (at least, for every
              device I've ever tested) and it should work with any 1200 baud TNC.

              Scott

              Fred Hillhouse wrote:

              > Greetings,
              >
              > I kept hearing about an audio CD and found it on the web site. It is
              > currently downloading well it was when I started this email. :)
              >
              > Would I be correct in thinking that it will work on all TNCs? I am trying to
              > figure out why I get no data through a TNC. (It is not a Tracker2!)
              >
              > How are people connecting to the TNC? I was thinking I could connect the
              > Audio Out (headphone jack) of the CD player and feed the Audio In of the
              > TNC. Any issues with that?
              >
              > I understand not all of the tracks are playable in the CD player.
              >
              > I hope to rule out the TNC. If the data gets through it, I can then focus on
              > the radio.
              >
              > Thank you!
              >
              > Best regards,
              > Fred

            • Fred Hillhouse
              Message 6 of 28 , Jun 3, 2008
                Hi Scott,

                CD Players are usually stereo out. I imagine that either channel fed in to the input is fine. Or should the channels be mixed?

                How would I go about feeding this audio into the front end of a radio? I was thinking I might pipe it through my HT (set at 20mW to pretty keep the signal in my basement) and receive it on the suspect radio.

                Message 7 of 28 , Jun 3, 2008
                  Both channels are identical. I use an HP 8920A comm analyzer when I'm
                  testing it through a radio, but if you haven't got $3-$5k to spend on
                  one of those, an HT would probably work fine as long as you're careful
                  to set the deviation properly.

                  Scott

                  Fred Hillhouse wrote:

                  > Hi Scott,
                  >
                  > CD Players are usually stereo out. I imagine that either channel fed in
                  > to the input is fine. Or should the channels be mixed?
                  >
                  > How would I go about feeding this audio into the front end of a radio? I
                  > was thinking I might pipe it through my HT (set at 20mW to pretty keep
                  > the signal in my basement) and receive it on the suspect radio.
                  >
                  > Thank you!
                  >
                  > Best regards,
                  > Fred

                • Tom Twist
                  Message 8 of 28 , Jun 3, 2008
                    On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 19:38:15 +0200, Scott Miller <scott@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Is it resetting the whole thing, or just the script engine? If you're
                    > at the command prompt, does it kick you out so that you get the banner
                    > again?

                    No, it seems it's just restarting the scripting. But it is very
                    inconsistent.
                    Sometimes I can issue a Reset command, and it will behave as expected, at
                    other
                    times I need to cut the power to make it return to sending the 5 s message.
                    I can get 3 messages before it hangs, or more than 5.

                    > I'll check on the port B thing.
                    >
                    > Did you notice the button to show the code listing in a form that can be
                    > copied and pasted?

                    Yes, too bad I can't paste it back. But I guess the Script Editor will
                    be further developed later. For now it's great. I just love scripting!

                    Tom

                    Message 9 of 28 , Jun 4, 2008
                      Greetings Scott,

                      Thank you for serving up the file! I can now monitor packets.

                      Fred Hillhouse wrote:

                      > Hi Scott,
                      >
                      > CD Players are usually stereo out. I imagine that either channel fed in
                      > to the input is fine. Or should the channels be mixed?
                      >
                      > How would I go about feeding this audio into the front end of a radio? I
                      > was thinking I might pipe it through my HT (set at 20mW to pretty keep
                      > the signal in my basement) and receive it on the suspect radio.
                      >
                      > Thank you!
                      >
                      > Best regards,
                      > Fred

                    • Carlos E. Requejo
                      Message 10 of 28 , Jun 12, 2008
                        Hi Scott:
                        Could you please tell me if there is a way to access the ADC0 or ADC1 value
                        for use them inside the Script?
                        Thank you,

                        Carlos
                        LU1ERT
                        Message 11 of 28 , Jun 12, 2008
                          Not yet - it's on my list.

                          Scott

                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 30, 2011
                            Okay all you scripting gurus out there... I need some help.

                            Here's my scripting code.

                            If Profile 2
                            Do Once
                            If Counter 1 = 0
                            Exec "SEND EMAIL ve6srv@... Edmonton low voltage event"
                            Set Counter 1 = 1
                            End Block
                            End Block
                            End Block
                            Macro ACK
                            Set Counter 1 = 0
                            Macro Write "Low Voltage Acknowledged"
                            End Block

                            I am trying to set up an alerting system that will send me an email
                            should I lose power at a digipeater site. I have the OT2 configured to
                            switch to profile 2 if the input voltage drops below 11 volts. It will
                            switch back to profile 1 if the input voltage climbs above 12 volts.

                            When the unit switches to profile 2, the above script will run, but
                            just one time, as I don't need a multitude of email messages sent
                            while the unit is in a low voltage state. I also check counter 1 to
                            see if it is set. If the counter is clear, I send the message, and
                            then set the counter. This is so that if the power is fluctuating
                            beyond the limits of my hysteresis settings, I again only get one
                            email even though the unit may be entering profile 2 multiple times.

                            All of this works as designed. My issue is with the macro. I would
                            like to be able to acknowledge the alarm condition, reset counter 1,
                            send a response back, and re-enable alarm reporting.

                            It is my understanding that I should be able to send a message to the
                            OT2 which has the content "CMD ACK", and the macro ACK should be
                            called and executed.

                            ****
                            Macro T / Macro Out
                            The following block is executed when the command named in T is entered
                            at the command line, through the FMI interface, or by APRS message.
                            The Macro Out (which actually creates a "Macro Write" line) responds
                            to the macro through the same channel
                            Macro FOO
                            Macro Write "Bar"
                            End Block
                            Typing "FOO" at the command line will generate the response "Bar".
                            Likewise, a remote command "CMD FOO" will receive the response "Bar"
                            by APRS message.
                            ****

                            My results do not reflect this process...

                            2011-03-30 08:51:59 MDT: VE6SRV-8>EDMNTN: cmd ACK
                            2011-03-30 08:51:59 MDT: EDMNTN>VE6SRV-8: Invalid Command

                            Any pointers?

                          • Bob Burns W9RXR
                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 30, 2011
                              Quoting James Ewen <ve6srv@...>:

                              > My results do not reflect this process...
                              >
                              > 2011-03-30 08:51:59 MDT: VE6SRV-8>EDMNTN: cmd ACK
                              > 2011-03-30 08:51:59 MDT: EDMNTN>VE6SRV-8: Invalid Command

                              Does "cmd" need to be in upper case? Probably not.

                              Is "ACK" some sort of reserved word in Scott's code? Would it work if
                              you used some other macro name besides "ACK"?

                              Bob...
                              Message 14 of 28 , Mar 30, 2011
                                On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 9:39 AM, Bob Burns W9RXR <w9rxr_@...> wrote:

                                > Does "cmd" need to be in upper case? Probably not.

                                Nope, other commands respond with cmd in lower case

                                > Is "ACK" some sort of reserved word in Scott's code? Would it work if
                                > you used some other macro name besides "ACK"?

                                Not that is documented anywhere that I have found. I changed it to
                                another word, and still get the same thing...

                                I get the same response from the command line as when sending a
                                message to the unit.

                                It's got to be something with the way that the macro command has to be
                                structured.

                                Message 15 of 28 , Mar 30, 2011
                                  That's how it's supposed to work. I seem to remember running into a
                                  problem with one firmware version where that didn't work right. I could
                                  send you the current development build off-list for testing if you don't
                                  mind being on the bleeding edge.

                                  Scott

                                  Message 16 of 28 , Mar 30, 2011
                                    On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

                                    > That's how it's supposed to work.

                                    "That" being the way I have it?

                                    > I seem to remember running into a
                                    > problem with one firmware version where that didn't work right.

                                    Hmm, never thought about checking the firmware revision... I haven't
                                    checked the firmware version for a long time. I ran across a stash of
                                    M1225 radios, so now I have more radios than OT2m units... gonna have
                                    to buy more OT2s and stick digipeaters out there to expand the
                                    network. Just working on getting the telemetry and low batttery
                                    warnings working.

                                    > I could
                                    > send you the current development build off-list for testing if you don't
                                    > mind being on the bleeding edge.

                                    I'm on so many bleeding edge developments that I buy bandaids by the case!

                                    Message 17 of 28 , Mar 30, 2011
                                      > checked the firmware version for a long time. I ran across a stash of
                                      > M1225 radios, so now I have more radios than OT2m units... gonna have
                                      > to buy more OT2s and stick digipeaters out there to expand the

                                      I think we're down to about 30 OT2m in stock now. MX614DWs are still
                                      delayed. We might have to do another run of the current board, but I'm
                                      trying to avoid it. I'd rather push ahead with the new design, if I can
                                      get it done in time.

                                      Message 18 of 28 , Mar 30, 2011
                                        On 3/30/2011 7:12 PM, James Ewen wrote:
                                        > On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 8:00 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...
                                        > <mailto:scott%40opentrac.org>> wrote:
                                        >
                                        > > That's how it's supposed to work.
                                        >
                                        > "That" being the way I have it?

                                        "That" being the way you described. What you had is supposed to work.

                                        Message 19 of 28 , Mar 31, 2011
                                          On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 8:22 PM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

                                          >>  > That's how it's supposed to work.
                                          >>
                                          >> "That" being the way I have it?
                                          >
                                          > "That" being the way you described.  What you had is supposed to work.

                                          I upgraded the firmware from 54746 to 55076. I'm still unable to call
                                          a macro from local or remote.

                                          Can anyone create a macro that can be called and share it with me so I
                                          can see one actually working?

                                        • Alan
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Apr 2 11:00 PM
                                            James,
                                            A friend of mine has a generator start macro that sends an email to him when the generator runs. If you would like I can contact him for the script.

                                            I had to roll back from beta to 55076, to be able to run scripts and Nuvi Commands OK. 55076 is stable.

                                            Alan
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Apr 3 9:59 AM
                                              On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 12:00 AM, Alan <alan@...> wrote:

                                              > A friend of mine has a generator start macro that sends
                                              > an email to him when the generator runs. If you would like
                                              > I can contact him for the script.

                                              Is it a macro that he calls externally? I have a routine that sends an
                                              email when the battery voltage drops below a set point. The issue I am
                                              having is with calling a macro that resets the acknowledge bit. Still
                                              I'd like to see what he's doing.

                                              > I had to roll back from beta to 55076, to be able to run scripts
                                              > and Nuvi Commands OK. 55076 is stable.

                                              I have upgraded to 55076, and my macros do not run.

                                            • Tom Tengdin
                                              Message 22 of 28 , Apr 3 11:46 AM
                                                Where does the EXEC actually get executed?

                                                If I have a digi on a mountain top how do I get an email when the
                                                battery voltage drops or the temp gets to high/low?

                                                Can someone point me to more information?

                                                Tnx,

                                                T3

                                                WB9VXY

                                                Message 23 of 28 , Apr 3 12:56 PM
                                                  On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 12:46 PM, Tom Tengdin <t3@...> wrote:

                                                  > Where does the EXEC actually get executed?

                                                  EXEC, as in the scripting command Execute T in the OT2? It gets
                                                  executed within the microprocessor of the OT2.

                                                  > If I have a digi on a mountain top how do I get an email when the
                                                  > battery voltage drops or the temp gets to high/low?

                                                  Write a script that executes a command to send an email to you when
                                                  the appropriate conditions are met.

                                                  > Can someone point me to more information?

                                                  Here's the information about scripting.

                                                  http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Scripting

                                                  Use profile switching to change to the second profile when specific
                                                  conditions are met, and have the script check if you are running in
                                                  the second profile. If you are in the second profile, then we know the
                                                  profile switching conditions have been met, and we can send an email
                                                  message notification.

                                                  It's as simple as that. (Really it is if you figure out what you want
                                                  to do, and how to do it. The light finally came on for me about a week
                                                  ago after sitting on this concept for over a year, and waiting for
                                                  Scott to allow me to test conditions within a script. I finally
                                                  realized that I can use the profile switching to do the condition
                                                  testing for me.)

                                                  Now, let me guess... you'd like an example, right? Let me work for a
                                                  bit and I'll put together a wiki page with the information on how to
                                                  get this done. The wiki makes it easier to explain than a plain text
                                                  email.

                                                • Bob Burns W9RXR
                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Apr 3 2:18 PM
                                                    At 10:22 PM 3/30/2011, Scott Miller wrote:

                                                    >I think we're down to about 30 OT2m in stock now. MX614DWs are still
                                                    >delayed. We might have to do another run of the current board, but
                                                    >I'm trying to avoid it. I'd rather push ahead with the new design,
                                                    >if I can get it done in time.

                                                    Scott, you're a tease. <grin>

                                                    I was thinking about buying an OT2m for my digi, but you keep hinting
                                                    that you are reaching the end of the road with the current OT2 and
                                                    mentioning a "new design". Makes me wonder if I should wait until
                                                    Dayton to see what you roll out.

                                                    Decisions, decisions.

                                                    Bob...
                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Apr 3 3:06 PM
                                                      The send email on specific conditions example is up on the wiki now.

                                                      http://wiki.argentdata.com/index.php/Script_Examples#Send_Email_on_Event

                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Apr 4 2:54 PM
                                                        Not sure if it'll be ready in time for Dayton, but we'll see. The
                                                        hardware will be an upgrade, but the main intent is making them easier
                                                        to produce and eliminating hard-to-get parts.

                                                        Scott

                                                        On 4/3/2011 2:18 PM, Bob Burns W9RXR wrote:
                                                        > At 10:22 PM 3/30/2011, Scott Miller wrote:
                                                        >
                                                        > >I think we're down to about 30 OT2m in stock now. MX614DWs are still
                                                        > >delayed. We might have to do another run of the current board, but
                                                        > >I'm trying to avoid it. I'd rather push ahead with the new design,
                                                        > >if I can get it done in time.
                                                        >
                                                        > Scott, you're a tease. <grin>
                                                        >
                                                        > I was thinking about buying an OT2m for my digi, but you keep hinting
                                                        > that you are reaching the end of the road with the current OT2 and
                                                        > mentioning a "new design". Makes me wonder if I should wait until
                                                        > Dayton to see what you roll out.
                                                        >
                                                        > Decisions, decisions.
                                                        >
                                                        > Bob...

                                                      • Rudy Benner
                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Apr 4 2:56 PM
                                                          The OT2m is a bargain, with many neat and nifty features.

                                                          ve3bdr

                                                          Not sure if it'll be ready in time for Dayton, but we'll see. The
                                                          hardware will be an upgrade, but the main intent is making them easier
                                                          to produce and eliminating hard-to-get parts.

                                                          Scott

                                                          On 4/3/2011 2:18 PM, Bob Burns W9RXR wrote:
                                                          > At 10:22 PM 3/30/2011, Scott Miller wrote:
                                                          >
                                                          > >I think we're down to about 30 OT2m in stock now. MX614DWs are still
                                                          > >delayed. We might have to do another run of the current board, but
                                                          > >I'm trying to avoid it. I'd rather push ahead with the new design,
                                                          > >if I can get it done in time.
                                                          >
                                                          > Scott, you're a tease. <grin>
                                                          >
                                                          > I was thinking about buying an OT2m for my digi, but you keep hinting
                                                          > that you are reaching the end of the road with the current OT2 and
                                                          > mentioning a "new design". Makes me wonder if I should wait until
                                                          > Dayton to see what you roll out.
                                                          >
                                                          > Decisions, decisions.
                                                          >
                                                          > Bob...

                                                        • Bob Burns W9RXR
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Apr 4 9:35 PM
                                                            At 05:56 PM 4/4/2011, Rudy Benner wrote:
                                                            >The OT2m is a bargain, with many neat and nifty features.

                                                            Rudy, I already own two T2-135's and two T2-301's. I'm well familiar
                                                            with the "neat and nifty features" of the T2 series. My W9RXR-1 digi
                                                            is currently running a T2-135, but I want to upgrade it to a
                                                            commercial grade radio, hence my interest in an OT2m. I also maintain
                                                            another high-profile digi that's currently using a Kantronics KPC-3+
                                                            which we may upgrade.

                                                            Bob...