Re: No CMD: after Beta install

  • EM Sharp
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2008
      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "jjbauerly" <nw0I@...> wrote:

      > Hello All;
      >
      > I have just installed Beta 54618 (the latest). After the load I tried
      > to set maxrange but can not get the cmd: prompt. The unit seems to work
      > for APRS in the car. I tried another erase and installed the current
      > released version. Same problem. Since otwincfg.cfg seems to work fine,
      > I rule out a serial problem. Yet the cmd: does not appear using
      > Hypertem in Windows 2000. The setting that was working was 4800,
      > 8,n,1,none. I have tried other rates but no help. Ideas on what happen?

      Hi:
      I tried to duplicate your problem here, but am unable to get a
      failure. I did, however, notice that the Power-up salutation that the
      T2 gives was sometimes loggy in appearing and I had to hit "enter"
      several times to get Hyperterm and the OT2 talking to each other.
      This is not unusual in my experience with Hyperterm. I frequently have
      to exit it and reload/restart it to get things working. I hope this is
      your only problem, good luck. If hitting enter repeatedly at a slow
      (1/sec- .5times/sec) doesn't work, try a higher rate like 4-5 "enters"
      in rapid succession and wait a few seconds to see if you get a response.

      Elmer
    • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2008
        No problem so far upgrading 3 of the T2-135 board (2
        of the board rev 1.0, and 1 of rev 1.1)
        Had one glitch on the second board with "Unable to
        verify block ...", but was resolved with another click
        on the Web button to download the firmware the second
        time.

        Paulus - N5SNN/YD0NXX

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 3, 2008
          What mode is port A set to? Also, try disabling flow control in your
          terminal program if port B is not set to FLOW.

          Scott

          jjbauerly wrote:

          > Hello All;
          >
          > I have just installed Beta 54618 (the latest). After the load I tried
          > to set maxrange but can not get the cmd: prompt. The unit seems to work
          > for APRS in the car. I tried another erase and installed the current
          > released version. Same problem. Since otwincfg.cfg seems to work fine,
          > I rule out a serial problem. Yet the cmd: does not appear using
          > Hypertem in Windows 2000. The setting that was working was 4800,
          > 8,n,1,none. I have tried other rates but no help. Ideas on what happen?

        • jjbauerly
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2008
            Hello All;

            Sometimes in our quest to try out new toys we over look the obvious.
            I was in Garmin mode. I have set the config to Auto and the cmd:
            prompt is available. I have now set maxrange and went back to
            otwincfg file to load the remainder of the config settings. So far so
            good. Thanks Scott.