Re: [tracker2]Latest beta version won't install

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
      That sounds like the existing current version. I'll have to make sure I
      didn't put the wrong file up there.

      The build numbers are actually the modified Julian day of the build.

      Scott

      Tom Twist wrote:
      > On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:09:53 +0200, Scott Miller <scott@...>
      > wrote:
      >
      >> Did you load the latest beta firmware? The old version did have a
      >> sample program in it, which you see there. That still shouldn't cause
      >> the problem you're seeing.
      >>

      > Scott
      >
      > I don't know what version I had before trying to update,
      > and I don't know the build number of the latest beta.
      >
      > otwincfg says Firmware Build 54479
      >
      > Is this the current 01-14-2008 firmwarw, or the new beta?
      >
      > Tom

    • Tom Twist
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
        On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:48:03 +0200, Scott Miller <scott@...>
        wrote:

        > That sounds like the existing current version. I'll have to make sure I
        > didn't put the wrong file up there.
        >
        > The build numbers are actually the modified Julian day of the build.

        Scott

        I eventually managed to install the 54618, as you could probably tell
        from the "Scripting problem" thread.

        When you wrote that you had fixed the port B problem, I again tried
        to load the beta, and had the same problems as before, it stopped loading
        at random addresses. I tried to revert to 54479, but had the same problems.
        I tried both of these at least 10 times.
        And, when I quit from otwincfg, T2 started to act strangely.
        ACT LED went red, then just glowing, and both TX and RX was lit very
        bright.
        I could see the current meter on my 30 A PSU move.

        I managed to load 54479 on another computer, with the previous version of
        otwincfg.

        Could this be a problem in otwincfg?

        Now I won't update the firmware until this is resolved, as my T2 acts as a
        local fill-in digi.

        Is it possible to damage the processor by this error? Im not so familiar
        with
        Motorola/Freescale processors anymore. I work mostly with AVR. But my
        first micro
        was the MC6800, back in 1976. And I continued with 6802 and 6809.

        Tom

        --
        Email: tom@... (ttwist@..., lb8x@...)
        Phone: +47 21688655/90662366, Ham call sign: LB8X
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2008
          Tom, looks like there was a stack size problem causing interference
          between packet decoding and the script engine. I'll post an update soon.

          Scott