[tracker2]Latest beta version won't install

  • Tom Twist
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008

      I'm very excited about the scripting engine, and wanted to
      try the new beta.

      I get error message when trying to load from web:
      "Unable to verify block at 0x140c"
      "Configuration file write failed"

      The block address changes from one try to another.

      I've also tried to reset/use defaults.
      Firmware Build says 54479

      The code list contains:
      On Startup
      PrintA "HI\r\n"
      End Block
      Increment Counter 2
      If Peek 3 and 16 = 16
      Poke 2, 254
      End Block
      Clear Flags 10000000
      Else
      If Flags 0xxxxxxx
      Poke 2, 254

      I just downloaded otwincfg.

      Please advice.

      Tom

      --
      Email: tom@... (ttwist@..., lb8x@...)
      Phone: +47 21688655/90662366, Ham call sign: LB8X
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
        Did you load the latest beta firmware? The old version did have a
        sample program in it, which you see there. That still shouldn't cause
        the problem you're seeing.

        Scott

        Tom Twist wrote:
        > Scott
        >
        > I'm very excited about the scripting engine, and wanted to
        > try the new beta.
        >
        > I get error message when trying to load from web:
        > "Unable to verify block at 0x140c"
        > "Configuration file write failed"
        >
        > The block address changes from one try to another.
        >
        > I've also tried to reset/use defaults.
        > Firmware Build says 54479
        >
        > The code list contains:
        > On Startup
        > PrintA "HI\r\n"
        > End Block
        > Increment Counter 2
        > If Peek 3 and 16 = 16
        > Poke 2, 254
        > End Block
        > Clear Flags 10000000
        > Else
        > If Flags 0xxxxxxx
        > Poke 2, 254
        >

        > I just downloaded otwincfg.
        >
        > Please advice.
        >
        > Tom

      • Tom Twist
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
          On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:09:53 +0200, Scott Miller <scott@...>
          wrote:

          > Did you load the latest beta firmware? The old version did have a
          > sample program in it, which you see there. That still shouldn't cause
          > the problem you're seeing.

          Scott

          I don't know what version I had before trying to update,
          and I don't know the build number of the latest beta.

          otwincfg says Firmware Build 54479

          Is this the current 01-14-2008 firmwarw, or the new beta?

          Tom

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 2, 2008
            That sounds like the existing current version. I'll have to make sure I
            didn't put the wrong file up there.

            The build numbers are actually the modified Julian day of the build.

            Scott

            Tom Twist wrote:
            > On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:09:53 +0200, Scott Miller <scott@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            >> Did you load the latest beta firmware? The old version did have a
            >> sample program in it, which you see there. That still shouldn't cause
            >> the problem you're seeing.
            >>

            > Scott
            >
            > I don't know what version I had before trying to update,
            > and I don't know the build number of the latest beta.
            >
            > otwincfg says Firmware Build 54479
            >
            > Is this the current 01-14-2008 firmwarw, or the new beta?
            >
            > Tom

          • Tom Twist
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 3, 2008
              On Mon, 02 Jun 2008 20:48:03 +0200, Scott Miller <scott@...>
              wrote:

              > That sounds like the existing current version. I'll have to make sure I
              > didn't put the wrong file up there.
              >
              > The build numbers are actually the modified Julian day of the build.

              Scott

              I eventually managed to install the 54618, as you could probably tell
              from the "Scripting problem" thread.

              When you wrote that you had fixed the port B problem, I again tried
              to load the beta, and had the same problems as before, it stopped loading
              at random addresses. I tried to revert to 54479, but had the same problems.
              I tried both of these at least 10 times.
              And, when I quit from otwincfg, T2 started to act strangely.
              ACT LED went red, then just glowing, and both TX and RX was lit very
              bright.
              I could see the current meter on my 30 A PSU move.

              I managed to load 54479 on another computer, with the previous version of
              otwincfg.

              Could this be a problem in otwincfg?

              Now I won't update the firmware until this is resolved, as my T2 acts as a
              local fill-in digi.

              Is it possible to damage the processor by this error? Im not so familiar
              with
              Motorola/Freescale processors anymore. I work mostly with AVR. But my
              first micro
              was the MC6800, back in 1976. And I continued with 6802 and 6809.

              Tom

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 5, 2008
                Tom, looks like there was a stack size problem causing interference
                between packet decoding and the script engine. I'll post an update soon.

                Scott