Firmware build 54618 (beta) posted

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
      I've uploaded the new firmware build - use the 'web' button and select
      the beta test version. I'll be doing some more testing and promoting it
      to production soon, I expect. Script-related changes are minimal, 99%
      of the work was on the otwincfg side.

      The SMARTBCON command can now take an ON parameter. So if you turn it
      off, rather than having to re-enter all of the settings, just turn it ON
      and it'll keep what it had before. Don't know why I didn't do that in
      the first place.

      otwincfg.exe has been updated as well, of course. Baud rates are now
      selectable for both ports, and the maxrange command has been implemented
      as well. Still a few more missing parameters to go.

      The big change is the script editor. I'll post documentation on it this
      week. Since my last update, I've added a macro facility. You can
      define a block of code as being a macro, and (if the script engine is
      on) it'll work like a console command, usable from the serial console,
      nuvi, or remote command. It can also return text the same way.

      Boolean flags have been implemented. Again, I'll document those soon.
      None of it is too hard to figure out if you have a bit of programming
      background.

      I'm totally burnt out for the moment. Maybe I'll go watch the new
      Indiana Jones movie or something, but no more coding tonight.

      Scott
    • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
        --- Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

        > I've uploaded the new firmware build - use the 'web'
        > button and select
        > the beta test version.

        would it be possible to do firmware upgrade OTA "over
        the air" ?

        I know I could wait till the end of the day and
        upgrade my wxdigi after work, thru otwincfg, but right
        now at work my window has a line of sight to that
        wxdigi, and the thought is doing upgrading OTA is very
        tempting.

        73 de Paulus N5SNN / YD0NXX
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
          > would it be possible to do firmware upgrade OTA "over
          > the air" ?

          Nope, no place to hold the firmware as it's received. The ADS-SR1
          simplex repeater will do it, though. It's got 4 MB of extra flash to
          work with.

          > I know I could wait till the end of the day and
          > upgrade my wxdigi after work, thru otwincfg, but right
          > now at work my window has a line of sight to that
          > wxdigi, and the thought is doing upgrading OTA is very
          > tempting.

          You'll have to wait for my next tracker/TNC design for that! You can do
          minor patches, but for that to be practical I have to manually edit the
          assembled code. Otherwise one change can rearrange the whole thing.

          Scott
        • dk7xe
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 4, 2008
            Hi Scott,
            when publishing the build 54618 to production please do also a
            compilation for the proto-C.

            Thank you!

            Gerald
            dk7xe/oe6dld