AX25 Protocol group

  • Phillip
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2008

      I am sending this to all  groups just incase this is NOT a rumour. It was posted to Packet @ WW
      the apprsig message bounced ..

      -------Original Message-------

      From: Phillip
      Date: 2/06/2008 9:50:59 a.m.
      Subject: AX25 Protocol group

      Hi,
            I have heard that the above group may be looking at altering the
      callsign fields to allow for extended callsigns

      Eg WB6XXX/VK9   or VK9XXX/WB6

      If this happens then all ax25 firmware / software will have to be re-written
        What a job

      Has anyone else heard this ???

      From : VK2AAB

      To : PACKET@WW

      Type/status : B$

      Date/time : 29-Apr 20:27

      BID (MID) : 1968_VK2AAB

      Message # : 373091

      Title : Re:Time to switch off AX25

      From: VK2AAB@VK2AAB.#SYD.NSW.AUS.OC

      To : PACKET@WW

      Ray might be interested to know that the ax25 protocol group will be making

      changes for variable length callsign fields.

      It is not just a problem for Australianxxx calls.

      There are other special needs such as portable operation VK2AAB/ZL2 etc.

      They are working this year on other changes but it is definately in their

      todo list.

      I did not know that Roger had requested the source code be destroyed.

      Thats a shame, from memory I think someone volunteered to him to take it over.

      73 Barry VK2AAB

      73 Phillip
      ZL2TZE