Re: [tracker2] T2-135 KISS comm problem

  • Bob Burns W9RXR
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
      At 05:56 PM 5/31/2008, Scott Miller wrote:
      >Shut down AUTOBAUD and make sure you've got the baud rate set properly.

      Tried that yesterday evening after I saw your reply. Didn't work. Got
      frustrated. Walked away from it for the evening.

      So, today I connected back up to the old T2 with otwincfg, made a few
      tweaks to the configuration, saved the file and wrote it to the T2.
      Then I connected to the old T2 with Hyperterm, turned on capture
      mode, issued a DISP command, and went back the house.

      There I connected to the new T2 with otwincfg, loaded the file I
      saved earlier, changed the SSID on the call sign, and wrote that
      configuration to the new T2. Then I connected to the new T2 with
      Hyperterm. After a few minutes trying to get the T2 and Hyperterm to
      agree on baud rates, I finally got a cmd prompt at 4800 baud. Note
      that I had to issue a Ctrl-C a few times to get there. It's as if the
      T2 was stuck in KISS mode. Anyway, while in command mode, I stepped
      through every item in the file that I captured from the old T2 and
      made sure the new T2 was set to the same value. Then I connected to
      the new T2 with UI-View and they started talking to each other in KISS mode.

      Not sure exactly what I did that was different, but persistence paid off.

      At 07:29 PM 5/31/2008, Keith VE7GDH wrote:
      >INTO KISS...
      >003,003,003
      >INT 0
      >AMODE KISS

      Interesting. I'm just sending AMODE KISS. Based on what I described
      above, sending the three Ctrl-C's may be a good idea to make sure the
      T2 is in command mode before UI-View switches it to KISS.

      >So... if you start your terminal program and hit enter a few times,
      >do you always get a cmd: prompt?

      Not always, but I think I've resolved that.

      >If you send AMODE KISS to it, does it appear to go into KISS mode?

      Yes.

      >Can you reliably get it out of KISS mode with three CTL-Cs?

      I seem to be able to.

      Thanks, Scott and Keith, for your assistance.

      Bob...