Re: [tracker2] Script editor

  • Roger Hammond
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2008
      I'm anxious to give it a try. Nice job on the interface. It sounds like you an incredible amount of work.
      Thanks for your efforts.

      Roger KCØMWM

    • radionerd1
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
        I have been trying to send a one time beacon when I switch from profile
        1 to 2. The script wiki shows a "do once" command. I Tried "do once"
        under macro T and others settings to no avail. The startup command works
        ok, but the other commands don't.

        How do I set the "do once" command?

        On Startup
        Exec "beacon >10-8 code-4"
        End Block
        On GPS Fix
        Exec "BEACON >NUVI-350 LOCKED ON TARGET"
        End Block
        On Interrupt
        Exec "BEACON >LOST SKY"
        End Block
        If Profile 1
        Exec "BEACON >LOCAL MODE WIDE1-1"
        End Block
        If Profile 2
        Exec "BEACON >DX MODE, WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1"
        End Block

        Thanks,
        Alan
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 15, 2009
          > I have been trying to send a one time beacon when I switch from profile
          > 1 to 2. The script wiki shows a "do once" command. I Tried "do once"

          Make sure you've got the latest firmware version loaded. DO ONCE is a
          new command.

          > On GPS Fix
          > Exec "BEACON >NUVI-350 LOCKED ON TARGET"
          > End Block

          This should be something like:

          On GPS Fix
          Do Once
          Exec "BEACON >NUVI-350 LOCKED ON TARGET"
          End Block
          End Block

          > On Interrupt
          > Exec "BEACON >LOST SKY"
          > End Block

          I don't think this is what you want. 'On Interrupt' is the IRQ input
          and has nothing to do with the GPS fix. You could use an 'else' on the
          'On GPS Fix'.

          > If Profile 1
          > Exec "BEACON >LOCAL MODE WIDE1-1"
          > End Block
          > If Profile 2
          > Exec "BEACON >DX MODE, WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1"
          > End Block

          Again, you want 'Do Once' inside each IF block.

          Scott
        • radionerd1
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 16, 2009
            Thanks Scott,
            I have the latest fw, but still can't figure how to put "do once" into the script. When I tried macro T" do once"  shows up like this, but doesn't work:
            Alan

            On GPS Fix
             Macro "Do Once"

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 16, 2009
              No, there should be a 'Do Once' button in the script editor. If not,
              you don't have the latest version of otwincfg.

              Scott

              radionerd1 wrote:

              > Thanks Scott,
              > I have the latest fw, but still can't figure how to put "do once" into
              > the script. When I tried macro T" do once" shows up like this, but
              > doesn't work:
              > Alan
              >
              > On GPS Fix
              > *Macro "Do Once"*
              > Exec "BEACON >NUVI-350 LOCKED ON TARGET"
              > End Block
              > End Block
              > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > > I have been trying to send a one time beacon when I switch from profile
              > > > 1 to 2. The script wiki shows a "do once" command. I Tried "do once"
              > >
              > > Make sure you've got the latest firmware version loaded. DO ONCE is a
              > > new command.
              > >
              > > > On GPS Fix
              > > > Exec "BEACON >NUVI-350 LOCKED ON TARGET"
              > > > End Block
              > >
              > > This should be something like:
              > >
              > > On GPS Fix
              > > Do Once
              > > Exec "BEACON >NUVI-350 LOCKED ON TARGET"
              > > End Block
              > > End Block
              > >
              > > > On Interrupt
              > > > Exec "BEACON >LOST SKY"
              > > > End Block
              > >
              > > I don't think this is what you want. 'On Interrupt' is the IRQ input
              > > and has nothing to do with the GPS fix. You could use an 'else' on the
              > > 'On GPS Fix'.
              > >
              > > > If Profile 1
              > > > Exec "BEACON >LOCAL MODE WIDE1-1"
              > > > End Block
              > > > If Profile 2
              > > > Exec "BEACON >DX MODE, WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1"
              > > > End Block
              > >
              > > Again, you want 'Do Once' inside each IF block.
              > >
              > > Scott

            • Alan
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 16, 2009
                I must be blind, The otwincfg.exe is ver 1.0.0.1 on OT2 support web page, and WIKI. can't see the "do once" command in script editor.

                Thanks,
                Alan

                > No, there should be a 'Do Once' button in the script editor. If not,
                > you don't have the latest version of otwincfg.
                >
                > Scott
                >
                > radionerd1 wrote:
                > >

                > > Thanks Scott,
                > > I have the latest fw, but still can't figure how to put "do once" into
                > > the script. When I tried macro T" do once" shows up like this, but
                > > doesn't work:
                > > Alan
                > >
                > > On GPS Fix
                > > *Macro "Do Once"*
                > > Exec "BEACON >NUVI-350 LOCKED ON TARGET"
                > > End Block

                > > > Make sure you've got the latest firmware version loaded. DO ONCE is a
                > > > new command.

                > > > This should be something like:
                > > >
                > > > On GPS Fix
                > > > Do Once
                > > > Exec "BEACON >NUVI-350 LOCKED ON TARGET"
                > > > End Block
                > > > End Block

                > > > I don't think this is what you want. 'On Interrupt' is the IRQ input
                > > > and has nothing to do with the GPS fix. You could use an 'else' on the
                > > > 'On GPS Fix'.

                > > > Again, you want 'Do Once' inside each IF block.
                > > >
                > > > Scott

              • gsdatplace
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 16, 2009
                  I was just going to post a screen cap of the button in OTWinCfg since I just recently re-wrote my config to use it rather than the set flags/clear flags route.
                  "How can someone miss the button? its right th.....oh..."
                  The buttons missing in my OTWinCfg as well now...
                  Don't have my OT2 to plug in close at hand, is it conditional on if the OT2 is connected or your using a offline file?

                  Garrett
                  VE6RKY

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 16, 2009
                    Somehow I got the wrong version up there. Try it now.

                    Scott

                    Alan wrote:

                    > I must be blind, The otwincfg.exe is ver 1.0.0.1 on OT2 support web
                    > page, and WIKI. can't see the "do once" command in script editor.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Alan

                    > Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > No, there should be a 'Do Once' button in the script editor. If not,
                    > > you don't have the latest version of otwincfg.
                    > >
                    > > Scott
                    > >
                    > > radionerd1 wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > Thanks Scott,
                    > > > I have the latest fw, but still can't figure how to put "do once" into
                    > > > the script. When I tried macro T" do once" shows up like this, but
                    > > > doesn't work:
                    > > > Alan
                    > > >
                    > > > On GPS Fix
                    > > > *Macro "Do Once"*
                    > > > Exec "BEACON >NUVI-350 LOCKED ON TARGET"
                    > > > End Block
                    > > > End Block
                    > > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com

                    > profile
                    > once"

                    > on the

                  • Alan
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 17, 2009
                      Thanks Scott!!!

                      I had to play with some conflicting settings to make it all work,
                      TXNOFIX when set on sent both packets too close in time. Played with
                      power control setting, set to 2 seconds to slow down packet rate. I
                      don't power through the OT2, just using the delay. The counter with
                      250ms debounce seamed to help too. I also realised that my BK radio has
                      a 2 second self test at startup, so the power control delay allows time
                      for the radio to come out of self check before blasting off.

                      The "GPS lock" beacon must be a pulsed output, because it would beacon
                      spasticly when set.

                      I got the following script to work with my profile toggle switch, and
                      startup beacon:

                      If Profile 1
                      Do Once
                      Exec "BEACON >LOCAL MODE, WIDE1-1"